lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Hi,

I am in the middle of my first build. I put my motherboard in, and I am trying to put the I/O shield on. There are some little thin pieces of metal that cover a little bit of each connector/port on the rear panel. Are these the grounds? Am I supposed to bend them so they go INSIDE the physical ports, or what am I supposed to do with them?

Thanks.

Solution
The Rear I/O Panel should be put on the case before the motherboard is installed!!

If I understand you about the little metal pieces (thin metal covering the openings in the panel), they are to be removed from the panel prior to installation. If you are talking about the little metal clips on the backside of the panel, they stay on and go up against the motherboard to help secure the two together and provide spacing.

Hope that helps you out!

tecmo34

Administrator
The Rear I/O Panel should be put on the case before the motherboard is installed!!

If I understand you about the little metal pieces (thin metal covering the openings in the panel), they are to be removed from the panel prior to installation. If you are talking about the little metal clips on the backside of the panel, they stay on and go up against the motherboard to help secure the two together and provide spacing.

Hope that helps you out!

Solution