Bios flash, black boot up

antwan718

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
SO I got a processor ordered the other day Phenom II 945 C3 revision.

I went to go update my bios in order to be able to use the CPU.

I tried installing the bios from within windows using the 3002 but this would not allow it to be loaded something to do with the date of the bios being made.

So I updated first to the 2904 using the asus within windows utility. Then decided to proceed to the 3002 via EZ Flash as i was still getting the same error message from within windows.

As of right now my computer will beep once when it powers on. Fans and hard drives spin and i get to see the video card bios screen and then it just hangs.

Current hardware config
AM2 6400+
4gb Gskill DDR2 800 ram
(using fall back video card) 8600gt 512
dvd-ROM
dvd-burner
Samsung Spinpoint f3 (boot disk)
Western Digital 250 gb
Maxtor 500gb

I looked to reset the CMOS with jumpers but was unable to find a specifically labeled CMOS jumper. So i undid the Clock jumper and moved it over one, took out battery, took out main power simultaneously.

I was only able to see the video card bios AFTER removing the GTX260 and using the 8600(normally physx) as stated above.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

antwan718

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
I have tried taking my ram out and listening for beeps and I still get those. I tried puting in the ASUS utility cd that came with the MOBO but nothing it sits at the VGA bios post screen.

suat

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
After taking the battery out, did you wait about ten minutes before putting it back, in the mean time pressing power button on the case several times to discharge capacitors ?

By the way, I do not see the M/B model name ? Am I missing it ?

antwan718

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010

It is an Asus M3N-HT Deluxe