My HArd disk is detected but theres no data

force1007

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
my WD 1tb hard disk is detected but theres no data n also i cant transfer or dfregment or do anythn as it says cannot find specified path.

That's a little hard to understand. Is this a disk that already has data? Where is it "detected?" - is there a drive letter and an empty drive, or no drive letter, or a drive letter and garbage?

My best guess is that this is a job for recovery software, but I can't tell from the single sentence above. More detail would help.

Please don't defrag - if the disk is corrupted, that will guarantee that you won't recover data.

force1007

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012

ya the disk did have data and its detected in the comp in MY Computer folder but not in Device manager or anywhere else.I cant even format it and the folder that contained my data are visible but they do not contain any data and cannot be deleted either.
If i try to transfer any data it shows 'Make sure u defined the correct path...'

force1007

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
ya the disk did have data and its detected in the comp in MY Computer folder but not in Device manager or anywhere else.I cant even format it and the folder that contained my data are visible but they do not contain any data and cannot be deleted either.
If i try to transfer any data it shows 'Make sure u defined the correct path...'