MPX220 Question Please

I have a V551 and am thinking of upgrading(?) to the MPX220. My main reason
to do so (though not only one) would be to sync with Outlook (without buying
extra stuff). Almost exclusively for the contact list and appointment
scheduler, Some of my Outlook appointments carry a note of three or four
sentences though. Would the 220 do this? Does it accept added memory? Is
there a way to search the contact list in greater detail than just the first
letter of the contact as with the V551?
--

Thanks in advance... Fred
3 answers Last reply

    Hello. I have the MPX 220, and am quite impressed with its ability to sync
    with Outlook (I use Outlook 2003).

    > Some of my Outlook appointments carry a note of three or four
    > sentences though. Would the 220 do this?

    Yes, each contact info is basically the same info on your Outlook. The note
    field can be rather long.

    > Does it accept added memory? Is
    Yes, it takes a secure digital card. I have a 256Meg card.

    > Is
    > there a way to search the contact list in greater detail than just the
    > first
    > letter of the contact as with the V551?

    Yes. As you begin to type any part of the persons name, the list of
    possible names gets smaller.
    The entire list of possible names is displayed, with the letters already
    typed highlighted. For a small example, if you type 23, the list of
    possible names might be "Bank of America" (because it contains "am" from the
    numbers 2&6, and "am" is highlighted) . Also, Amy (a&m), and Ann (a&n),
    Bob (b&o)...you get the idea.

    As a side note, voice dialing works for all the names. I am very impressed.
    It hardly every misses.
    You can assign 99 shortcut keys to either names, or programs.
    You can also filter on your contacts based on your "Categories"

    When you get the phone, make sure you download the
    latest version of ActiveSync. Most likely, the version on your Cd is out of
    date.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/default.mspx

    One thing I've found annoying is that the phone does not support your
    Outlook Notes.
    In addition, the "Task" function is rather basic on the phone. It only
    Sync's the Subject. The only option on the phone is to check it complete.
    You can't filter, or do any thing else.

    As others have reported, the camera is very poor.

    When you buy the phone, make sure you have the latest software version
    (1.3...)
    http://www.motorola.com/mdirect/hellomoto/experience/mpx220/flash/softupdate.shtml?

    HTH

    --
    Dana

    "Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I have a V551 and am thinking of upgrading(?) to the MPX220. My main
    >reason
    > to do so (though not only one) would be to sync with Outlook (without
    > buying
    > extra stuff). Almost exclusively for the contact list and appointment
    > scheduler, Some of my Outlook appointments carry a note of three or four
    > sentences though. Would the 220 do this? Does it accept added memory?
    > Is
    > there a way to search the contact list in greater detail than just the
    > first
    > letter of the contact as with the V551?
    > --
    >
    > Thanks in advance... Fred

    Ahh. Sorry for the typo. For the example, I meant if you type 2 & 6.

    Corrected...

    --
    Dana
    <snip>

    "Dana" <delouis@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > Hello. I have the MPX 220, and am quite impressed with its ability to
    > sync with Outlook (I use Outlook 2003).
    >
    >> Some of my Outlook appointments carry a note of three or four
    >> sentences though. Would the 220 do this?
    >
    > Yes, each contact info is basically the same info on your Outlook. The
    > note field can be rather long.
    >
    >> Does it accept added memory? Is
    > Yes, it takes a secure digital card. I have a 256Meg card.

    Quick addition, it takes a Mini Secure Digital card, aka MiniSD.

Cingular Outlook Internet Service Providers