Sign in with
Your question

Can't completely use HDD after SSD installed

Last response: in Storage
November 1, 2011 1:50:09 AM

Hi so I went out and purchased an SSD today and installed it into my computer. I already knew how to set up everything etc. I bought this SSD for my Windows 7 OS and I've got it working perfectly. The only problem is now my F: drive which is currently a 1TB 7200rpm data HDD can't do much. Only a certain amount of things that I stored on my HDD can be accessed such as pictures, movies, music, game files things like that. When I try to play a game or try to move the link of the game from my HDD to my desk top I'll get an error message that reads, 'The program can't start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try re installing the program to fix this problem." or "Apple Application Support was not found. Apple application Support is required to run iTunes. Please uninstall iTunes, then install iTunes again.' However I don't get these error messages with my other programs like SC2 or GTA4 or Sapphire Trixx. I really don't want to go through and uninstall all of my old programs and re install so is there a way to ethier partition an SSD and a HDD orrrr switch the user to the HDD and keep the OS boot on my SSD? I'm really enjoying the speed of an SSD(it's my first) but it the problem I'm facing with my other HDD sucks. =( By the way, I didn't transfer files off my HDD onto an external and then transferred them back onto the HDD. I simply unplugged my sata cables and plugged them back in after my SSD was properly installed.

My specs are,
core i7-2600k @4.4
Corsair vengeance 8gb
Gigabyte z68a-D3-B3
Sapphire Radeon 6970
1Tb 7200rpm data drive
60GB OCZ Vertex SSD for Windows 7 OS boot

Thanks for any advice or tips! I'll respond to anything!
November 2, 2011 1:25:22 AM

I'm looking for any help! Please!
m
l
November 3, 2011 2:34:21 PM

Try this: right click on an application. Select properties. Check that the file location is on the properly lettered drive (F:) . They may all be on (C:)  from the original install. They can be manually changed, but I'm sure somebody here has a shortcut.
m
l
Related resources
!