Problem with new ram please help.

bd0n

Honorable
May 12, 2012
Hey guys. I've got an EVGA p55v Motherboard with an intel i5 cpu K 655 @3.20GHz. I recently switch from 4gb ram to a 8gb ram. Now here's the problem, after buying the 8gb ram I tried to be a boss and put both 4gb and 8gb of ram together. In the result of it, the computer would crash every so often. I've also tried to just switch from just to 8gb only but now it rarely even starts. It just keeps bugging out on the start-up. I have a feeling it might be that I don't have enough in power supply or that I might need a better cooling system. I have a 600W power supply and Asetek 120mm Liquid Cooling System. Please help. Also I tried to Overclock, I just went on youtube to learn. (clearly don't know what I'm doing)

it not the mb or your power supply. it the memory controller on the mb and the new ram. not all ram will run in all mb.
looked on evga web page there no ram guild for the p55v on the mb web page but crusical ram guild has two version of your p55 mb. i would look at your mb lable then at cursial ram guild. then see if the ram cheaper on crucial or new egg or your local store. for your new ram if it under 30 days i world rma back as unusable.

bd0n

Honorable
May 12, 2012

well the thing is both of the ram (new and old) are both 1333. And I'm not sure what you mean exactly with the whole two version and ram build <--- (I'm assuming that's what you meant)

bd0n

Honorable
May 12, 2012

I probably didn't set it bios up right but the problem is iono how to do that. I've attempted to overclock, in which the result was a couple of crashes (lucky no burnout or explosion). My BIOS is pretty basic for some reason. I just has something like intel turbo boost option and that automatically overclocks the system (I think), so I can't really touch the voltage. Is there some way I can do something to change it? or even do manual overclocking?

I would forget overclocking since you don't know what your doing.

All your overclocking efforts are just messing up your system.

The settings for the ram are on the sticker on the ram itself. If they don't match, then don't mix them.

If they are not set properly in bios, then set them manually.