Dvd drive eject the disc

tinago

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Hello,

I installed a new sony dvd drive,Windows Vista recognized the unit and automatically installed the driver and indicates running properly. When inserting a CD or DVD it appears to start reading but ejects the CD within 2-3 seconds of the load. I have tried numerous CD's and DVD's with the same results.Anybody can give me some suggestions

tinago

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
I bought a new sony slot in dvd drive and install it correctly.Windows Vista recognized the unit and automatically installed the driver and indicates running properly. When inserting a CD or DVD it appears to start reading but ejects the CD within 2-3 seconds of the load. When the disc is inserted, it EJECTS within a few seconds. It does not appear to load into a postion that keeps the disc in place to read I have tried numerous CD's and DVD's with the same results. Anybody can give some suggestions,thanks.

Get another dvd drive. That one is busted.

First, reseat the power and data connections to ensure that it's not a simple bad connection. Then return the drive for another unit or another model. I can't be 100% sure that this is the correct path, but it is the most likely one.

tinago

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
This is a common fault with new DVD drives, particularly with new laptop DVD drives. To be sure that it is not a software problem though, try booting in safe mode and trying it there or even disconnect the data cable and trying it.

I booted my computer in safe mode and the same action of the ROM occured. But the ROM ejects the CD in a few seconds without reading it. Do you have any other suggetions about it?Thanks

tinago

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
The drive is ejecting the discs because it cannot read them. As this is a slot drive, have you mounted it the right way up? Try a disc upside down. Otherwise you will will have to return the drive.

I tried it,thanks for your great help.

Armand Hammer:
U1778200.jpg