Sign in with
Your question

Dvd drive eject the disc

Last response: in Storage
November 1, 2011 2:01:12 AM

Hello,

I installed a new sony dvd drive,Windows Vista recognized the unit and automatically installed the driver and indicates running properly. When inserting a CD or DVD it appears to start reading but ejects the CD within 2-3 seconds of the load. I have tried numerous CD's and DVD's with the same results.Anybody can give me some suggestions

More about : dvd drive eject disc

November 1, 2011 2:10:30 AM

I bought a new sony slot in dvd drive and install it correctly.Windows Vista recognized the unit and automatically installed the driver and indicates running properly. When inserting a CD or DVD it appears to start reading but ejects the CD within 2-3 seconds of the load. When the disc is inserted, it EJECTS within a few seconds. It does not appear to load into a postion that keeps the disc in place to read I have tried numerous CD's and DVD's with the same results. Anybody can give some suggestions,thanks.
m
l
a b G Storage
November 1, 2011 3:35:03 AM

This is a common fault with new DVD drives, particularly with new laptop DVD drives. To be sure that it is not a software problem though, try booting in safe mode and trying it there or even disconnect the data cable and trying it.
m
l
Related resources
a c 289 G Storage
November 1, 2011 12:32:59 PM

Get another dvd drive. That one is busted.

First, reseat the power and data connections to ensure that it's not a simple bad connection. Then return the drive for another unit or another model. I can't be 100% sure that this is the correct path, but it is the most likely one.
m
l
November 2, 2011 1:21:27 AM

Quote:
This is a common fault with new DVD drives, particularly with new laptop DVD drives. To be sure that it is not a software problem though, try booting in safe mode and trying it there or even disconnect the data cable and trying it.

I booted my computer in safe mode and the same action of the ROM occured. But the ROM ejects the CD in a few seconds without reading it. Do you have any other suggetions about it?Thanks

m
l
a b G Storage
November 2, 2011 2:58:13 AM

The drive is ejecting the discs because it cannot read them. As this is a slot drive, have you mounted it the right way up? Try a disc upside down. Otherwise you will will have to return the drive.
m
l
November 2, 2011 5:00:50 AM

Quote:
The drive is ejecting the discs because it cannot read them. As this is a slot drive, have you mounted it the right way up? Try a disc upside down. Otherwise you will will have to return the drive.

I tried it,thanks for your great help.
m
l
a c 289 G Storage
November 2, 2011 11:46:52 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
Ban hammer

Armand Hammer:

m
l
a c 180 G Storage
November 4, 2011 6:28:43 PM