Sign in with
Your question

Will this ram work on the Asus P6T?

Last response: in Motherboards
June 10, 2010 11:16:38 PM

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I wanted to ask if the following ram will work on the Asus P6T SE motherboard:

4gb:
http://www.mushkin.com/Memory/Blackline/996677.aspx

2gb:
http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr3_p...

I am building my own custom computer and I have so far got the following items i7 920 processor for $200, 1tb WD 7200rpm hard drive $53 and a p6t se asus motherboard $175. I was about to pay for those two memory I bought on ebay, but I am having second thoughts if they will work or not on my motherboard as the voltage is higher..

I have not paid for the memory yet, but I got the ocz 2gb for $34 and the mushkin 4gb for $63. My question is whether this ram will work on my motherboard and can I put two different brands of memory on my motherboard.

Any help is appreciated.

More about : ram work asus p6t

June 11, 2010 12:56:34 AM

Go to the Asus website, look up the board, and they will have a compatible memory list that you can view, or download.
m
l
June 11, 2010 12:57:25 AM

I would not recommend using two different brands of memory. Your asking for issuses.
m
l
Related resources
June 11, 2010 2:30:26 AM

Thanks for your reply, I just wanted to ask how is mushkin for memory/ram. Someone told me that they are made for amd systems but I am not sure if he is correct or not.
m
l
June 11, 2010 4:49:30 AM

I've never heard that, but then again it could be possible that they are more suited to AMD procs., although, I think they're website would state that. Good luck anyway. You know, Corsair memory is an extremely reliable brand. I've never had a hiccup with any of their products, and most people I know actually prefer them. You could always go with them if you're just not sure.
m
l
June 11, 2010 5:00:31 AM

You could also try both. If the OCZ doesn't work with the Mush., you'll only be out the $34 you dropped on the OCZ. I do recall mixing memory on some older platforms, but not on any of the newer types of memory such as the ddr3 and the like. It may work, but like I said, it's not an optimal scenario, especially when you're talking triple channel memory, and the fact that the core i-7 processors have a built in memory controller.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
June 11, 2010 5:08:40 AM

You want triple channel ram for your i7.
I wouldn't get it.
m
l
!