Does the ATI HD 5770 work on the P5K asus motherboar?

mamad2020

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
Hi I tried to installed that video card on my mobo and it could fit properly but it was too big for the screws to go in properly, I turned my computer on and there was nothing on the screen.
Can anyone tell me why it didn't work? The video card was properly in the PCIE slot. Unless my motherboard doesn't support GDDR5?
Any help would be appreciated.
The link to my motherboard is:
http://asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=yS3ZeqfUdCTCIFT2

Solution
the card should work on your mobo. regarding GDDR5 memory module on he card it was not related to mobo compatibility. maybe you should check your psu.btw what is your spec? it is easier to help with knowing the whole computer spec
the card should work on your mobo. regarding GDDR5 memory module on he card it was not related to mobo compatibility. maybe you should check your psu.btw what is your spec? it is easier to help with knowing the whole computer spec

Solution

mamad2020

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
Thank you all!
Feel free to call me stupid but I didn't have the power cable plugged in... I'm getting old I guess.
But if I hadn't came on this site I wouldn't have remembered that. :D
Now my specs are
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHZ
6GB DDR2 800MHZ RAM
320GB SATA
Corsair 550W PSU
ASUS P5K Motherboard

Although I might take out a 2GB Kingston RAM since it keeps crashing my system.

rhamutap

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
Mamad do you plan to do any overclocking on that beast? Reason I ask is I too have a P5K and upon cranking my 8800GTS up I would start to get audio distortion/crackling. I believe it is because that board assigns IRQ's for the video and audio right next to eachother.

mamad2020

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009

I haven't overclocked it and despite that I do have the sound distortions sometimes. I think having a separate PCI sound card would fix the problem. Other than that the board was great. But I probably won't spend any ammount on a sound card since the problem doesn't happen often.