Not overclocking, yet silent? CPU

So i figured out an ivy bridge processor would run quite hot, and no matter how stupit this sounds, i realy like to know my CPU is cool :P
Neither man i a fan of overclocking since im new to it... Maybe in the future
And, of course, i hate noise! Everything in my case, leave the GPU out, is about 20 dB, wich i like.

So, any surgestions on a not too powerfull silent cpu cooler ? :)

Budget = 40- 70 $

Im running a black/blue color scheme, tho i would like something a bit lighter maybe? not white, but ive come to like noctua :)
6 answers Last reply
More about overclocking silent
  1. viktorernst said:
    So i figured out an ivy bridge processor would run quite hot, and no matter how stupit this sounds, i realy like to know my CPU is cool :P
    Neither man i a fan of overclocking since im new to it... Maybe in the future
    And, of course, i hate noise! Everything in my case, leave the GPU out, is about 20 dB, wich i like.

So, any surgestions on a not too powerfull silent cpu cooler ? :)

Budget = 40- 70 $
  2. Ivy Bridge does not run hot. It runs HOTTER than Sandy Bridge when doing a massive overclock.

Not too powerful silent cpu cooler? Have you tried the one that comes with it?
  3. geekapproved said:
    Ivy Bridge does not run hot. It runs HOTTER than Sandy Bridge when doing a massive overclock.

Not too powerful silent cpu cooler? Have you tried the one that comes with it?

Read my post again please... I want my CPU to run quiter than the stock cooler, also cooler = Aftermarket cpu cooler..

I dont want the stock cooler due to heat and noise? Now... What was the question again ?
  4. I read your post correctly the first time.

Where in the post does it say the stock cooler is too loud???

In fact you never stated you had a stock cooler at all.

Sorry we are not mind readers, just good text readers.
  5. A silent fan is not going to cool your cpu.

The reason it's loud is because it's spinning fast.....spinning slow=hot

I don't know, I've never heard a peep out of my stock intel cooler and it's a joke. You should see it, it's comparable to the fan you used to get with a 200mmx.

I don't even see how you could hear the cpu fan over the gpu fan anyways.
  6. Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus or Evo are great and quiet. Much better than stock.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Overclocking CPUs