Voltage readings +12v, +5v (vcch) too low???? enermax liberty 620W

I'm looking at results of HW Monitor and my +12v (seems crazy), and my +5 (vcch) seem out of wack, this power supply is about 3 years old? Enermax liberty 620W, anything else look out of wack to you guys????

Hardware monitor ITE IT87
Voltage 0 0.91 Volts [0x39] (CPU VCORE)
Voltage 1 1.66 Volts [0x68] (VIN1)
Voltage 2 3.38 Volts [0xD3] (+3.3V)
Voltage 3 5.11 Volts [0xBE] (+5V)
Voltage 4 1.34 Volts [0x15] (+12V)
Voltage 5 -12.29 Volts [0xC0] (-12V)
Voltage 7 3.66 Volts [0x88] (+5V VCCH)
Voltage 8 3.17 Volts [0xC6] (VBAT)
Temperature 0 36°C (96°F) [0x24] (TMPIN0)
Temperature 1 25°C (76°F) [0x19] (TMPIN1)
Temperature 2 37°C (98°F) [0x25] (TMPIN2)
Fan 0 1722 RPM [0x188] (FANIN0)
Fan 2 948 RPM [0x2C8] (FANIN2)
16 answers Last reply
More about voltage readings vcch enermax liberty 620w
  1. Have you tried Everest? Those do seem whacky
  2. 1.34 on the 12v ? You wouldn't be able to read the HWM numbers because the system wouldn't boot.
    Get a DMM and check voltages.
  3. My thoughts too, and is why I think Everest may help, as it may give better/truer results
  4. delluser1 said:
    1.34 on the 12v ? You wouldn't be able to read the HWM numbers because the system wouldn't boot.
    Get a DMM and check voltages.

The mobo monitor says the +12v rail is at 12.048. There is no mention of a -12v rail.
  5. JAYDEEJOHN said:
    My thoughts too, and is why I think Everest may help, as it may give better/truer results

I downloaded everest and it is virtually reporting the same readings, for +12v in windows, however, when I look at mobo bios +12v is reported as 12.048? Everest also reported it recognize mobo, this is gigabtye ud4p-A , relatively new mobo release, I think they came out a few weeks ago, same as ud4p but includes sata 6.0 and usb 3.0 support.
  6. acadia11 said:
    The mobo monitor says the +12v rail is at 12.048. There is no mention of a -12v rail.

I'd trust that more than any third party software, the -12v isn't important, don't worry that it's not there.
  7. delluser1 said:
    I'd trust that more than any third party software, the -12v isn't important, don't worry that it's not there.

Hmmmm ... I guess, yeah, otherwise system wouldn't boot right. The thing that's really getting me, is I have been getting random shutdowns and reboots, I don have 5770 graphics card and am experiencing the infamous grey screen lock up and reboot. The reboots seem to happen when the cycles of cpu are spinning especially high, I was thinking maybe it was temperature or something, or some problem with system health, nothing is overclocked on the system right now. So, I'm at a loss.

It has to be related to some component being stressed because it only happens when lot's of processing going on, well it doesn't even have to be that much. I checked cpu temperatures and they are anywhere from 47-51 at idle. Is there a cpu stress test program ???? Maybe I can get it to do it and check temperature.
  8. Prime95 or OCCT, Google them.
  9. Thats some high idle temps
  10. delluser1 said:
    Prime95 or OCCT, Google them.

Ah ok ... remember prime, it's all coming back to me, I havne't built a new system in like 7 years literally.Thanks :)
  11. delluser1 said:
    Prime95 or OCCT, Google them.

Dayum it just got hot in my room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. sorry for the late highjack reply

but did you find the problem ? I too have a new gigabyte MB and have the exact same reading for the +12 V. I thought at first that my PSU was underpowered and needed an upgrade but it has not fixed the issue with both everest, HW and speedfan all reporting the same 1.34 V at +12 V. the BIOS reading shows as over 12V there just not when it gets into Windows.

I am running a GTX275 for the GFX card.
    Someone suggested that it could have something to do with the GFX card ?? But I am not sure

My issue is that when gaming it will sometimes freeze in game and completly lock up - I find that if i go to task manager and then double click on the program that has forzen it will go back to it and start working again - but is laggy for a while.

Just seems weird that we are reporting the same Voltage problem on this - So if you found the cure it would be great to know
  13. Like they said earlier, if the 12 volt rail were really 1.34 volts, the system would not boot. The BIOS reads the correct voltage. A meter would read the correct voltage. The Windows based monitoring programs are supposed to get the voltage readings from the same place the BIOS does.

If you have a new motherboard, it's possible that the hardware monitoring programs have not been updated to work with the new boards.

The -12 volt output is mostly used in just two places - the RS232 port and the onboard analog audio. If your onboard audio works, you have the -12 volts present, regardless what any voltage monitoring program says.

This problem has nothing to do with any working video card.
  14. yeah it gives me a reading on the -12V. Yesterday it was reading at 2.7 V on the +12V.

I am just trying to find out why the game has started freezing now when it never used before.

weird
  15. I've got MA770T-UD3P rev 1.0 from Gigabyte. I have changed my PSU from Bequiet E6 500 W to E7 500W and I also have strange readings at +5V VCCH. (like acadia11)

Hardware monitor ITE IT87
    Voltage 0 1.26 Volts [0x4F] (CPU VCORE)
    Voltage 1 1.71 Volts [0x6B] (VIN1)
    Voltage 2 3.33 Volts [0xD0] (+3.3V)
    Voltage 3 4.92 Volts [0xB7] (+5V)
    Voltage 4 12.16 Volts [0xBE] (+12V)
    Voltage 5 -5.70 Volts [0x59] (-12V)
    Voltage 6 -13.31 Volts [0xD0] (-5V)
    Voltage 7 3.74 Volts [0x8B] (+5V VCCH)
    Voltage 8 3.17 Volts [0xC6] (VBAT)

I wonder if I should worry about it. I did some test with Prime and it was ok. However it still interests me why it is so low (3,74 V).
    Is it to be measured probably on a USB port?
  16. d1244, why did you resurrect a dead thread? You should have started your own.

VCCH is the same as the 5 volt standby output. You can verify with a dmm by measuring between the violet wire and chassis ground.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Enermax Monitors Components