Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

AM i missing anything???

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
May 12, 2012 8:31:54 PM

SO im going to put in a XSPC Raystorm RX360 Extreme Universal CPU Water Cooling Kit w/ RX360 Radiator KIT and a EK-MultiOption RES X2 - 250 Basic - Liquid Cooling Reservoir (4 Total Ports) as my 2nd res to look good.
So i think theres 6 fittings in the XSPC kit is it enough ?? is only CPU cooling.
And should i get a better loop and i want a clear blue colored water.( was thinking of distill water + some dye)?
Or if u have any other idea please tell me. Thank You

More about : missing

Best solution

a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
May 13, 2012 12:36:42 AM

Yes you will need two more fittings for the EK Reservoir,
and I would advise blue coloured tubing, not blue dye
and distilled and a killcoil for algae is fine
Moto
Share
May 13, 2012 1:53:54 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
Yes you will need two more fittings for the EK Reservoir,
and I would advise blue coloured tubing, not blue dye
and distilled and a killcoil for algae is fine
Moto

Humm wat kind ? Can i just buy 2 extra ones from the kit so it'll end up with 8?
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
May 13, 2012 1:59:24 AM

XSPC use 7/16 fittings so you can just buy two of these to finish it yes
basic rule of W/c, each component be it block,rad or res needs two fittings to put it into the loop
Moto
m
0
l
May 13, 2012 2:01:39 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
XSPC use 7/16 fittings so you can just buy two of these to finish it yes
Moto

Ah ok hum can you please tell me how can i get it to look like the water has blue dyes or something in them with clear tubings. Like the water is crystal blue and not muddy looking?
m
0
l
May 13, 2012 2:04:51 AM

Best answer selected by keivngzx.
m
0
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
May 13, 2012 2:08:48 AM

I don't advise any additives, colour or otherwise, I'm a plain distilled water guy, with a couple of silver kilcoils and UV lighting to keep the loop clean,
dyes tend to break down over heavy/longterm use and gunk up your blocks, not worth it in my eyes,
blue tubing is the way if you want colour, and apart from dusting it, it will look good for longer without causing any potential troubles
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=9... for an idea of the tubing available, but search your local sites for blue 7/16 tubing, I found some good stuff but its smaller diameter, meaning you would have to change all your fittings to that size, adding cost though
**Edit, UV blue in your size,
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC...
Moto
m
0
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
May 13, 2012 2:09:07 AM

And thank you for B.a.,
Moto
m
0
l
May 13, 2012 2:18:10 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
I don't advise any additives, colour or otherwise, I'm a plain distilled water guy, with a couple of silver kilcoils and UV lighting to keep the loop clean,
dyes tend to break down over heavy/longterm use and gunk up your blocks, not worth it in my eyes,
blue tubing is the way if you want colour, and apart from dusting it, it will look good for longer without causing any potential troubles
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=9... for an idea of the tubing available, but search your local sites for blue 7/16 tubing, I found some good stuff but its smaller diameter, meaning you would have to change all your fittings to that size, adding cost though
**Edit, UV blue in your size,
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC...
Moto

Thank you for that info. One last question how often do i have to clean it if i just use distill water and color tubes,and how?
m
0
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
May 13, 2012 2:21:13 AM

Keep an eye on things obviously but if your water in the reservoir starts looking cloudy, drain, flush and clean time, I've heard of some people that have had rigs running for years on no cleanouts, and some people clean out every three months religiously, its your rig, you decide :) 
<Six monther here
Moto
m
0
l
May 13, 2012 1:20:46 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Keep an eye on things obviously but if your water in the reservoir starts looking cloudy, drain, flush and clean time, I've heard of some people that have had rigs running for years on no cleanouts, and some people clean out every three months religiously, its your rig, you decide :) 
<Six monther here
Moto

Sorry i think i made a mistake. The ek 250 uses G1/4 fitting and XSPC uses 7/16 is there anyway that can be changed ?
m
0
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
May 13, 2012 1:35:27 PM

G1/4 refers to the threaded side of the connector, and most fittings these days are that size,
the 7/16, 1/2 or 5/8 etc measurement refers to the othe end of it, the end that the tubing slides onto, that is the one that must match the internal diameter of your tube,
Check the sticky up top for a prettier explanation of it but G1/4 is not the number you need to worry about :) 
**Edit just to confirm the EK res is fine, and with the correct fittings for the tubing will fit just fine (7/16ID tubing/7/16 size barb)
Moto
m
0
l
May 13, 2012 1:53:19 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
G1/4 refers to the threaded side of the connector, and most fittings these days are that size,
the 7/16, 1/2 or 5/8 etc measurement refers to the othe end of it, the end that the tubing slides onto, that is the one that must match the internal diameter of your tube,
Check the sticky up top for a prettier explanation of it but G1/4 is not the number you need to worry about :) 
**Edit just to confirm the EK res is fine, and with the correct fittings for the tubing will fit just fine (7/16ID tubing/7/16 size barb)
Moto

Can you please check if i can use Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250 Inline Reservoir (BP-WTZM250P-BK) or not ? And how can i tell there size? on the ek 250 basic it says 60mm in diamter.
m
0
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
May 13, 2012 2:02:26 PM

That is the size from side to side of the whole reservoir, and according to the spec sheet its 270mm long,
pretty much everything you can find now is tapped for a G1/4 thread, so theres no worries there,
I added two FrozenQ liquid fusions (Amongst other things) to my Xspc loop so I know you can do it with no trouble
Moto
m
0
l
May 13, 2012 2:05:48 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
That is the size from side to side of the whole reservoir, and according to the spec sheet its 270mm long,
pretty much everything you can find now is tapped for a G1/4 thread, so theres no worries there,
I added two FrozenQ liquid fusions (Amongst other things) to my Xspc loop so I know you can do it with no trouble
Moto

Thank you very much and ur QUICK reply is helping a lot. I'll just ask for help if needed =D
m
0
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
May 13, 2012 2:06:38 PM

No problem, I'm off for a bit now though, I'll be back on later though to check :) 
Moto
m
0
l
May 13, 2012 2:15:40 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
No problem, I'm off for a bit now though, I'll be back on later though to check :) 
Moto

OK its fine i'm getting it within 1-2 day. OK Dose XSPC Raystorm RX360 Kit support LGA 2011 and will i be able to fit the 360 rad in my coolermaster Haf x 942 Blue + i be buying a ASUS ROG Rampage 4 Extreme.
m
0
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
May 13, 2012 2:21:10 PM

You may need to put a homing chip on the Rad, it can easily get lost in there :p 
http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6653
and the Raystorm kits support a wide variety of Intel sockets, theres three backplates in the kit to choose from so 2011 should be covered by at least one of them
Moto
m
0
l
May 13, 2012 2:52:34 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
You may need to put a homing chip on the Rad, it can easily get lost in there :p 
http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6653
and the Raystorm kits support a wide variety of Intel sockets, theres three backplates in the kit to choose from so 2011 should be covered by at least one of them
Moto

Would u recommand me buying a kit + extra res($350 ish) or just pick out the parts individually and might get better performence and maybe cheaper?( the whole point of water cooling for me is to look" NICE".
m
0
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
May 13, 2012 2:55:33 PM

If you can get the separate parts cheaper then go for it,
but one of the added reassurances of the kit is that everything is there,
if you make sure you have enough fittings, tubing and thermal paste then yes,
see if you can get it a bit cheaper, a saving is a saving hehe
Moto
m
0
l
May 13, 2012 3:06:32 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
If you can get the separate parts cheaper then go for it,
but one of the added reassurances of the kit is that everything is there,
if you make sure you have enough fittings, tubing and thermal paste then yes,
see if you can get it a bit cheaper, a saving is a saving hehe
Moto

Well i don't want to do more work just to get it cheaper i want it to look better with better performence.
So U think i should just go for the raystorm + Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250 + 2 extra fitting?
On the bottom of the Bitspower water tank i can select 2 fitting but idk which one will fit the kit none of them says 7/16?
m
0
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
May 13, 2012 3:33:45 PM

Buy the fittings separately then, 1/2 is almost the same size (7/16th's of an inch is just about half an inch or 8/16th's and will fit but the XSPC Coin ones I linked are 7/16, I used some recently for my radbox and Gpu blocks and they are great
Buyt yes, the Raystorm kit, plus the res and two extra fittings is all you need for now
Moto
m
0
l
May 13, 2012 4:01:28 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Buy the fittings separately then, 1/2 is almost the same size (7/16th's of an inch is just about half an inch or 8/16th's and will fit but the XSPC Coin ones I linked are 7/16, I used some recently for my radbox and Gpu blocks and they are great
Buyt yes, the Raystorm kit, plus the res and two extra fittings is all you need for now
Moto

But that 1/16 diffenerce won't leek right?
m
0
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
May 13, 2012 4:15:38 PM

No, because the tubing is slightly smaller, it just makes it tougher to slide on is all, dip the tube in some hot, not boiling water to soften it if you encounter any difficulty
Moto
m
0
l
May 13, 2012 4:45:34 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
No, because the tubing is slightly smaller, it just makes it tougher to slide on is all, dip the tube in some hot, not boiling water to soften it if you encounter any difficulty
Moto

So in order to install the extra i need 2 more 1/2x5/8 fitting since the res uses a smaller one ? And on the other end i can just go with the 7/16x5/8 cuz smaller is fine but bigger the water will rush out am i right ?
m
0
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
May 13, 2012 6:57:35 PM

Ok, http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/XSPC-Coin-Fit-G14-to-...
the thread end is G1/4, the numbers refer to the inside diameter of the tubing and the outside diameter,
where it says G1/4 to 7/16ID 5/8OD
G1/4 is thread end, 7/16 is the inside of the tubing and 5/8 is the outside diameter,
if you just bought plain barbs like http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/bimablmig1to.html
then the number refers to the inside diameter of the tube, there is no need to worry about the outside diameter with barbs, only with compression style fittings,
Either of these fittings will do fine, if in doubt explain to the vendor that your tubing is XSPC 7/16ID and they will be able to send the right size for you,
What website are you going to use to purchase your gear? I'll find some on there that will be ok for you
Moto
m
0
l
May 13, 2012 8:21:43 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Ok, http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/XSPC-Coin-Fit-G14-to-...
the thread end is G1/4, the numbers refer to the inside diameter of the tubing and the outside diameter,
where it says G1/4 to 7/16ID 5/8OD
G1/4 is thread end, 7/16 is the inside of the tubing and 5/8 is the outside diameter,
if you just bought plain barbs like http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/bimablmig1to.html
then the number refers to the inside diameter of the tube, there is no need to worry about the outside diameter with barbs, only with compression style fittings,
Either of these fittings will do fine, if in doubt explain to the vendor that your tubing is XSPC 7/16ID and they will be able to send the right size for you,
What website are you going to use to purchase your gear? I'll find some on there that will be ok for you
Moto

Hey its on FROZENCPU.COM
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/15140/ex-wat-203/XSPC...

and the res
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9576/ex-res-157/Bitsp...

Thank you
m
0
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
May 13, 2012 9:42:25 PM

Click the Compression fitting link on the xspc kit page, they sell them separately so just add two of those to the basket :-)
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12504/ex-tub-789/XSPC...
An extra two, as well as the six included in the kit, plus the res you like equals one happy bunny hehe
Moto
m
0
l
May 13, 2012 10:02:21 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Click the Compression fitting link on the xspc kit page, they sell them separately so just add two of those to the basket :-)
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12504/ex-tub-789/XSPC...
An extra two, as well as the six included in the kit, plus the res you like equals one happy bunny hehe
Moto

Thank you for that info. Could you link me to a decent UV blue tubes ? And maybe some WC accessories, like a funnel etc ?
m
0
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
May 13, 2012 10:27:41 PM

I posted a uv blue link further up, and I'll find a fill bottle when I get home in the morning, should be one on F.Cpu somewhere :-)
Moto
m
0
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
May 16, 2012 12:47:40 AM

Both are nonessential, nice to have but not really needed, if your res isn't 100% full you will see the flow as it refills the res, and water temperature doesn't need to be monitored until start getting deeper into overclocking/Watercooling madness, but if you want them from the start you can grab them by all means
I made a temp sensor on the cheap, I'll link the details tomorrow
Moto
m
0
l
May 16, 2012 9:04:23 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Both are nonessential, nice to have but not really needed, if your res isn't 100% full you will see the flow as it refills the res, and water temperature doesn't need to be monitored until start getting deeper into overclocking/Watercooling madness, but if you want them from the start you can grab them by all means
I made a temp sensor on the cheap, I'll link the details tomorrow
Moto

What is the power connector called so i can test leek outside of the system?
m
0
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
May 16, 2012 9:44:05 PM

You can use your Psu to power the pump, connect it to just the pump and plug into the wall, then get a paperclip and shrt the green wire on the 20+4 plug with any of the black wires next to it, this starts the Psu so you can fill the loop, you will need to stop it as soon as the res empties because running pumps dry is bad for them and you will get air in the loop
Moto
m
0
l
May 16, 2012 10:03:40 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
You can use your Psu to power the pump, connect it to just the pump and plug into the wall, then get a paperclip and shrt the green wire on the 20+4 plug with any of the black wires next to it, this starts the Psu so you can fill the loop, you will need to stop it as soon as the res empties because running pumps dry is bad for them and you will get air in the loop
Moto

Sorry new to watercooling and didn't know wat u meant.
m
0
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
May 16, 2012 10:11:15 PM

No problem man, its best to ask if you are unsure,
Once you have assembled the loop, you fill the res, and start the pump to push the water through the loop,
Once the level of water drops then you stop the pump and refill the res,
You also want to rotate components to help get air bubbles out
Moto
m
0
l
May 16, 2012 10:17:10 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
No problem man, its best to ask if you are unsure,
Once you have assembled the loop, you fill the res, and start the pump to push the water through the loop,
Once the level of water drops then you stop the pump and refill the res,
You also want to rotate components to help get air bubbles out
Moto

Thank you for that but hum don't i need like a power connector or something to use the pump without the motherboard? I saw it on youtube.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a c 324 K Overclocking
May 16, 2012 10:23:07 PM

'Special connector' is a paperclip or short piece of wire. Jump any black to green on your ATX plug. (disconnected from the motherboard, of course)
m
0
l
May 16, 2012 10:27:11 PM

rubix_1011 said:
'Special connector' is a paperclip or short piece of wire. Jump any black to green on your ATX plug. (disconnected from the motherboard, of course)

AHHHH ok thank you very much. Cuz i saw on youtube it was like a 24pin watever is called so sorry caused u guys so much problems =[
m
0
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
May 16, 2012 10:41:47 PM

No problems man, we are here to help hehe
Moto
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a c 324 K Overclocking
May 17, 2012 3:17:03 PM



I think I had added this to the sticky...

Edit: yep, I did.
m
0
l
May 25, 2012 1:54:09 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
No problems man, we are here to help hehe
Moto

So i got my stuff today and the XSPC res is on its way will be here by sat. But i tried to fit the loop on the pump but i just can't put it on? Just wonder do i connect direct to the pump or though the res that im going to get ?
m
0
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
May 25, 2012 2:30:34 AM

You have a separate pump?
I thought you were getting the xspc res/pump combo?
Pics if you can please
Moto
m
0
l
May 25, 2012 3:04:07 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
You have a separate pump?
I thought you were getting the xspc res/pump combo?
Pics if you can please
Moto

It is the Raystorm Kit cuz the res wasn't in stock at that moment. But i think even if it was in stock it would still be separate from it . And how do i upload pics?
m
0
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
May 25, 2012 3:15:54 AM

Open a photobucket or imageshack account, upload the pics to that, then paste the image link in your post
Moto
m
0
l
May 25, 2012 3:18:55 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
Open a photobucket or imageshack account, upload the pics to that, then paste the image link in your post
Moto

HUm hold on i been looking it says 1/2 barbs on the pump so ? http://www.swiftech.com/MCP655-B.aspx#tab3
Im guessing to connect from the pump to the loop i need a 1/2 converter to 7/16?
m
0
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
May 25, 2012 4:08:27 AM

7/16ths is almost half an inch, just heat the tip of the tube in hot, not boiling water to soften it up, and it will slip on snug as you like
Moto
m
0
l
June 11, 2012 4:54:02 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
7/16ths is almost half an inch, just heat the tip of the tube in hot, not boiling water to soften it up, and it will slip on snug as you like
Moto

So which way does the water flow ?? Theres outlet and inlet on the res and inlet on the cpu block and doesn't say nothing on the rad so where do i connect the tubes to?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a c 324 K Overclocking
June 11, 2012 6:17:32 PM

Radiators usually flow either direction, so doesn't matter.

(Edit: unless they specifically state flow direction, but I don't recall any rads that do...maybe some AquaComputer rads with pump combo)
m
0
l
!