relocating system folders

how do you move my documents, program files, etc to
another harddrive leaving windows where it is
1 answer Last reply
More about relocating system folders

    Use Group Policy or TweakUI to Redirect folders.

    To redirect special folders to a specific path
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/gpx_redirectspecific.mspx

    TweakUI
    [+] My Computer
    Special Folders

    [[Special Folders
    This allows changing the location of special folders such as “CD Burning”,
    “Desktop”, “My Documents”, “My Music” etc. This does not move the files from
    the current location to the new location. To change the location and
    simultaneously move the files to the new location, right-drag the folder to
    its desired new location and select “Move here” rather than using this
    dialog.]]

    Special Folders
    [[Windows XP users have special folders in their user profiles, such as the
    My Documents, My Pictures, and Favorites folders. The default location for
    these folders is in %USERPROFILE%, but you can redirect them to any
    location, including a location on the network. That's the purpose of the
    Tweak UI category Special Folders.]]

    Download TweakUI here >>>

    Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP

    Tweak UI
    TweakUI.exe
    ===========

    Tweak UI for Windows XP Guide
    http://www.winxpsolution.com/Tweakuixppro.aspx

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:03b801c499f1$11876330$a601280a@phx.gbl,
    peter@petsan.co.nz <peter@petsan.co.nz> hunted and pecked:
    > how do you move my documents, program files, etc to
    > another harddrive leaving windows where it is

Configuration My Documents Microsoft Hard Drives Windows XP