Overclocked mess

meterman07

Honorable
May 12, 2012
Hello,
I have a cataliyst control center with my ati 4870 card, and
i pushed the slider too far right and now my screen is unveiwable, I did get the CCC file deleted in safe mode and tried a new CCC install but it does the same thing. I do have the lastest drivers. window 7/64 home premo. Please help thanks.

Solution

Then delete the entire folder. Once you remove that folder it should remove the application settings from the program.

GArrigotti

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Boot into Safe-Mode; Remove Catalyst Control Center. Then go to Device Manager; search for your Graphics-Card. Right-Click to Uninstall; essentially making it a generic driver. Also ensure that the Catalyst Control Center Service isn't among your start-up items. Then restart your computer normally.

If that doesn't resolve it I can provide a few other ways to resolve the issue.

GArrigotti

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
But did you go to Device Manager and uninstall your Graphics Adapter Driver also?

Another idea would be to open Catalyst Control Center in Safe-Mode; go to Overclock or Amd Overdrive. Adjust back to a safe values or default it. Have Safe-Mode apply the "Safe" values. If you try those two items and they don't work; post your system. You can attempt a more complicated solution but it will require another graphics card (on-board or Pci based).

meterman07

Honorable
May 12, 2012
The CCC hs been deleted from my computer and before it was deleted I could not get it to run in safe mode anyway, I also deleted the ati driver and did a reintall. Are there other display adapter drivers to delete? I have a dell XPS 630i quad core 2.83

GArrigotti

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

Try this then. Enable hidden folders; then load your User-Profile Folder. Go to Application Data; search for Ati Catalyst Control Center. Delete the profile XML Document. That folder contains all of the values for Catalyst Control Center to remember to boot with. Without it; it should default to the original application install values.

Example: C:\Users\Account\AppData\Local\

That should allow you to boot normal again; without the Overclock. Let me know if that helps. As I said though; ensure that Catalyst Control Center and Drivers are removed as well. Then delete the folder; then reinstall both.

meterman07

Honorable
May 12, 2012
Thanks GA, I have been looking this and I found ATI / ACE folder, and in that folder is manifest.bin manifest and profile. there all XML files. I did not find open hidden files anywhere, do I need to do that? also dont know if ther's a CCC file on my computer

GArrigotti

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

Then delete the entire folder. Once you remove that folder it should remove the application settings from the program.

Solution