Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Overclocked mess

Last response: in Overclocking
May 13, 2012 1:36:09 AM

Hello,
I have a cataliyst control center with my ati 4870 card, and
i pushed the slider too far right and now my screen is unveiwable, I did get the CCC file deleted in safe mode and tried a new CCC install but it does the same thing. I do have the lastest drivers. window 7/64 home premo. Please help thanks.

More about : overclocked mess

a c 90 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
May 13, 2012 3:19:10 AM

you overclock her or your screen size is too big
m
l
May 13, 2012 7:50:10 AM

scout_03 said:
you overclock her or your screen size is too big

no, the screen is corupted with fuzzy squares and sparkling square dots.
m
l
Related resources
a c 90 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
May 13, 2012 7:36:19 PM

you got the latest 12.4 driver ,could you check your graphic card in another system also when was the last time you dust off all the system
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
May 14, 2012 8:18:28 PM

Boot into Safe-Mode; Remove Catalyst Control Center. Then go to Device Manager; search for your Graphics-Card. Right-Click to Uninstall; essentially making it a generic driver. Also ensure that the Catalyst Control Center Service isn't among your start-up items. Then restart your computer normally.

If that doesn't resolve it I can provide a few other ways to resolve the issue.
m
l
May 14, 2012 8:24:33 PM

Quote:
That's what I did to the CCC service in safe mode then i rebooted and installed latest drivers.. and then went and installed a new CCC and it still goes unstable as before Thanks GA!
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
May 14, 2012 11:23:36 PM

meterman07 said:
Quote:
That's what I did to the CCC service in safe mode then i rebooted and installed latest drivers.. and then went and installed a new CCC and it still goes unstable as before Thanks GA!
Quote:

But did you go to Device Manager and uninstall your Graphics Adapter Driver also?

Another idea would be to open Catalyst Control Center in Safe-Mode; go to Overclock or Amd Overdrive. Adjust back to a safe values or default it. Have Safe-Mode apply the "Safe" values. If you try those two items and they don't work; post your system. You can attempt a more complicated solution but it will require another graphics card (on-board or Pci based).
m
l
May 15, 2012 12:19:05 AM

The CCC hs been deleted from my computer and before it was deleted I could not get it to run in safe mode anyway, I also deleted the ati driver and did a reintall. Are there other display adapter drivers to delete? I have a dell XPS 630i quad core 2.83
m
l
a c 90 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
May 15, 2012 2:28:35 AM

try this hd 4870 in another system and if you still got those same pictures means that you had push card to far so it wil be time for a new one
m
l
May 15, 2012 3:13:06 AM

I had this happin before and it was just a matter of getting the slider back in time to make it stable agian, im useing the card right now, but thanks for your help.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
May 15, 2012 5:52:56 AM

meterman07 said:
I had this happin before and it was just a matter of getting the slider back in time to make it stable agian, im useing the card right now, but thanks for your help.

Try this then. Enable hidden folders; then load your User-Profile Folder. Go to Application Data; search for Ati Catalyst Control Center. Delete the profile XML Document. That folder contains all of the values for Catalyst Control Center to remember to boot with. Without it; it should default to the original application install values.

Example: C:\Users\Account\AppData\Local\

That should allow you to boot normal again; without the Overclock. Let me know if that helps. As I said though; ensure that Catalyst Control Center and Drivers are removed as well. Then delete the folder; then reinstall both.
m
l
May 17, 2012 4:14:52 AM

Thanks GA, I have been looking this and I found ATI / ACE folder, and in that folder is manifest.bin manifest and profile. there all XML files. I did not find open hidden files anywhere, do I need to do that? also dont know if ther's a CCC file on my computer
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
May 17, 2012 4:32:42 PM

meterman07 said:
Thanks GA, I have been looking this and I found ATI / ACE folder, and in that folder is manifest.bin manifest and profile. there all XML files. I did not find open hidden files anywhere, do I need to do that? also dont know if ther's a CCC file on my computer

Then delete the entire folder. Once you remove that folder it should remove the application settings from the program.
May 18, 2012 5:31:37 AM

Best answer selected by meterman07.
m
l
May 18, 2012 5:32:58 AM

Yahoo! it works agian Thanks GA!
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
May 18, 2012 3:04:42 PM

meterman07 said:
Yahoo! it works agian Thanks GA!

Not a problem, happy to help. That's what the community is for.
m
l
!