Question about best value mobo/memory

Intile

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Lately I've been thinking about building up a new system from scratch. So far I've been thinking about getting these components, which is a start. I would like to know your opinions and some recommendation maybe on the ram/mobo since I'm not very full of knowledge about these topics. I would like to get the best value out of it since i only upgrade every couple of years.
So far I've gotten
Processor: AMD ATHLON II X3 440 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0035JKNFA/ref=asc_df_B0035JKNFA1142562?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=pg-408-34-20&linkCode=asn&creative=380341&creativeASIN=B0035JKNFA

Motherboard: http://www.amazon.com/890GX-SB850-MAX-16GB-ATX2PCIE16-3PCIE/dp/tech-data/B003A764XM/ref=de_a_smtd

Video Card: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002SP113K/ref=asc_df_B002SP113K1142562?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=pg-469-34-20&linkCode=asn&creative=380341&creativeASIN=B002SP113K

I usually value a lot the feedback from Tom's hardware and I've been trying to find articles about RAM but I just cannot understand most of it. Any feedback will be appreciated greatly. Thank you very much.

Post Data: I was thinking about getting about 4GB of RAM unless you actually recommend more.

Blckhaze

Distinguished
May 21, 2010
I like Amazon too, have purchased alot from them. But Newegg.com is gonna have some fair prices too, and their RMA department is really great. These days it seems like manufacturers are in a huge hurry to get products out. If you order a full list to build a PC, you're very likely to get atleast 1 defected product (atleast in my experience) so you might consider that first of all.

What is your budget?

I know whats good, might not know the BEST deal, but the people on here that do, are going to want to know your budget.

By the way, did you already order those products? On the first part you said you were thinking about it or something, then on the links you said you've gotten so far. :)

Intile

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Greetings. Thank you for your valuable replies. I have around 1500$ in budget. And I have not ordered them, I'm sorry if i mislead you, with that i meant that so far i've been selecting those to order in the near future. The upgradeability of the computer is important to me as well, so actually going crossfire in the future would be a good idea. Any other opinions on the components that i have been considering is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Intile

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009

Any specific recommendations? I am not that tech on this :p, just the basic. I have heard gigabyte is a good brand, is that right?

Intile

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Thanks, Ill look into those. Is that video card that you posted good? Regarding GPU's Ive been following the articles regarding them on the site with the newest june update.

Intile

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Do you think that the motherboard I posted before is worth paying for? I was planning to go crossfire in the future perhaps and i have heard the FX chipset was better than the GX in this aspect.

Intile

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009

Hi Saint. Thank you for your response. After further reading, i read that this is designed to run with INTEL, will i have issues if i purchase this RAM? If I will, do you have any other recommendation for me?