Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Cannot play and copy only video files on my xp pc. It says access is denied

Tags:
  • Video
  • External Storage
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
June 8, 2012 10:39:19 AM

Please help.. I cannot play and copy video files.. ONLY video files whether from my pc or from an external storage hooked to my pc.

My videos are working fine yesterday.. but now.. it says access denied.

When I tried to go to properties>security tab, it says i do not have permission.

Is this a virus or a malware? please help.. i cannot download any virus or malware scanner because its blocked by the company

More about : play copy video files access denied

June 8, 2012 4:13:21 PM

jezca16 said:
Please help.. I cannot play and copy video files.. ONLY video files whether from my pc or from an external storage hooked to my pc.

My videos are working fine yesterday.. but now.. it says access denied.

When I tried to go to properties>security tab, it says i do not have permission.

Is this a virus or a malware? please help.. i cannot download any virus or malware scanner because its blocked by the company


Apparently so. Can you use safe mode with networking to download ?
You saying, you do not have any AV installed on your computer ?
m
0
l
June 10, 2012 1:59:18 PM

ksiemb said:
Apparently so. Can you use safe mode with networking to download ?
You saying, you do not have any AV installed on your computer ?


thanks for your reply..

I cannot use safe mode either.. i do have a symantec AV, although it doesnt say anything when i try to scan my pc..
it's great that it affects only video files but it is still annoying.. i have lots of video player installed in my pc.. and when i try to play a video, it says i do not have permission..

Oh and system restore doesn't work either.. i tried every possible back date,, and it always says incomplete process..

I really dont understand what's happening.. one day its fine then next its not..
m
0
l
June 10, 2012 2:35:03 PM

jezca16 said:
thanks for your reply..

I cannot use safe mode either.. i do have a symantec AV, although it doesnt say anything when i try to scan my pc..
it's great that it affects only video files but it is still annoying.. i have lots of video player installed in my pc.. and when i try to play a video, it says i do not have permission..

Oh and system restore doesn't work either.. i tried every possible back date,, and it always says incomplete process..

I really dont understand what's happening.. one day its fine then next its not..

Run the System File checker (sfc /scannow) from the command prompt without the parens. Also double check your user logon to see you still have Admin privileges.
m
0
l
!