Sign in with
Your question

Funky Temperture(s) ? involves [TMPIN0]

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
February 11, 2010 5:31:42 PM

I just got my computer back, ran Crysis on some load for 30 minutes, when I got back on desktop I had a list of programs that I had to install such as the HWMonitor included. I'm sort of familiar with temperture but not that great when it comes to picking out heat issue's. From what I read most users TMPIN0 is recognized as their mobo/cpu. I found it quick high actually which caught my attension. So this was all yesturday, and now I notice the high temperture even without load so im wondering whats going on.

-------------Value----Min----Max

TMPIN0 == 102C----78C----103C
TMPIN1 == 48C------35C-----48C
TMPIN2 == 21C------19C-----26C

Core 1 --- 37C-----36C------40C
Core 2 --- 35C-----34C------38C
Core 3 --- 40C-----38C------44C
Core 4 --- 32C-----30C------37C

GPU CORE 54C----43C------54C

These are idle tempertures.

Would I have to use my BIOS to figure out what my TMPIN0 is? So this is something I should worry about and refute from adding any load on the computer ?
a b à CPUs
February 11, 2010 5:45:49 PM

That is a bad sensor/bad readout from the software.

Your temperature0 can not be hotter than the core temperatures of the CPU.
m
l
a b à CPUs
February 11, 2010 5:47:23 PM

some 25 cent temp diode died, ignore it

or if you really want you can try to recalibrate the software (if it's a software thing rather than a shotty sensor)
m
l
February 11, 2010 6:58:47 PM

Ok that seems to settle a couple of problems. Is it recommended to get it fixed up.
m
l
a b à CPUs
February 11, 2010 7:11:38 PM

umm not really, if you have bsods during intense workloads then yes

currently, no... unless you know how to solder, or want to replace some perfectly good hardware just for a new 25 cent sensor

if you got steady nerves and finger:

just to check, touch the cpu heatsink and the gpu heatsink when it is running (not the fan lol) and check to see if it even feels burning, i can bet that at 100C it will burn ur finger and then you will know something is off

but by 100 C chips should be throttling, if not dying and releasing the magic blue smoke of electronics
m
l
!