Where can I get a cheap replacement bios for an ASUS P755D?

scampy_008

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
Hi Guys,

Ive got a P755D which I think has a bad bios,
all I can find are people selling for £10+£2 postage, i thin thats a bit steept for a little chip
Anyone know any cheap sites, less than a fiver would be good?

PS, Is there any way to program a faulty bios from EZ Flash program in a good Asus board with a good bios, hotswap it,
I have been advise not to even try it.

I paid about $35 USD for a replacement BIOS on my DFIx48 board. Then I hotflashed the BIOS to restore the old (corrupted) BIOS. I put monofilament fishing line behind the Good BIOS, powered-on, reset my custom BIOS settings, saved and exited, re-started, POSTed, booted into Windows. After Windows was running, I used the fishing line to remove the Good BIOS chip, and then VERY CAREFULLY installed the old, corrupted BIOS. I shut down the rig, and then re-powered. The BIOS hotflash worked, so now I have a backup BIOS chip for when I mess it up again!
Here's a google search link for hot flasing the BIOS.

scampy_008

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
Brilliant, thats exactly the type of thing I was looking for, the spare board I have is similar might be a turbo edition. so I dont see a problem,

do you think Asus EzFlash Would be OK for this or shall I download a different software??

Ive used EzFlash before but im just wondering whether the software would pick up its a different bios and stop it, then I would have to force flash it...which im not sure how to do

I hope I'm answering your question: If your spare BIOS has the same model (and design) as the corrupted chip, and you can flash the correct BIOS to that chip, you could likely use it to hotflash your original chip. I haven't used ASUS' EZFlash in about 4 years, but I remember that it worked. Please use the BIOS for your specific board (you can get the latest from ASUS' website. Trying to use a BIOS that is not for your specific board will likely "brick" your board.

Hotflashing requires a working BIOS chip for your board - that is how you can POST and boot, and then remove the working chip and replace it with the corrupt chip.

I ordered a new BIOS chip from Jack at Badflash.com online and included the BIOS chip markings and the link to the BIOS version I wanted in the order. Jack flashed the new BIOS chip with the BIOS I provided in the link and mailed it to me. That chip is what I used to hotflash the original (corrupted) chip.