lowjack989

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Why are you going to get an aftermarket cooler if your not OCing?

As for which one of those coolers, What are you going for? Looks, price, or functionality? Which case do you have? Do you have tall heatsinks on the DIMM's? Need more data to answer your query....

I am with the above, if you have the space, 212+(on sale all the time, but newegg seems to have the 212 evo for the same price) or 212 EVO. The TX3 is a 92mm fan based cooler and the 212 is a 120mm fan based cooler.

Easy install and should sound better then stock(Plus you can overclock in the future :) ).

adamkhatab

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
my stock intel cooler is like a hoover. I need a bit of quiet lol.

Also there is the TX3 and the new version is TX3 EVO . My space is a bit small in my case so i think the 120mm might be a bit big.

adamkhatab

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012

looking for cheap , and quiet. Not fussed about the look . Size as well should not be too big . Got a MATX mobo i think.

lowjack989

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Go with the Antec for a smal footprint on the board just make sure you have a place to mount the Rad in the case...Although for price you can't beat the 212+ EVO

adamkhatab

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
lol its a cheap case i got for free ;) no labels but it works . yes i think it should fit inside except that the IGP heatsink might get in the way ..

yeah i seen those top down coolers , many at zalman but performance/price wise it costs a bit more.

-edit- nuke master , that a shuttle pc?

Nope. Its my media center pc. It is inside of a slightly modded SG05 case(With a slightly modded Geminii S cooler and Scythe fan).

Now days it has a Globe fan(Stock SG05 case fan) on it because I found the second hard drive to be too loud for my liking and the power supply has had its fan swapped and the fan grille removed to promote better air flow.

Zalman coolers while not all bad are overpriced for the cooling performance in many cases.

I say this as a user with 3 Zalman coolers. My CNPS10X Flex was on a good sale, but my 9500AT gives only slightly more performance then a Freezer 7 pro that cost half as much.

My cooler of choice for price is the Hyper 212 for sure. Easy install and can face any direction even on AMD sockets.

Does your case have a rear 120mm fan? Most with that will fit a 212+.

This is a picture of a Fractal ATX(it is case width i think you should look at) cause with rear 120mm fan, as you can see, the 212 does fit.

Is the IGP heatsink taller them your memory? Any estimate on size?

212infractal.jpg

If you check this site, it gives you an idea of how wide the case is. They have room behind the tray, so room from the io plate to the fan should give you an idea of the space you would need.

http://www.quietpc.com/products/ultragrade/fd-definer2

adamkhatab

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
yeah IGP cooler is around as high as the ram.
my case has a 92mm rear fan so i think the TX3 EVO should be suited.

Zalman CNPS8900 any good?

EDIT --- it might be a 120mm actually (the fan goes next to the i/o panel like the one in the link) what are the actual dimensions from hole to hole

I think it is also lower noise, but if it an AMD cooler(Like the 955BE has), then those tend to be very loud and anything is a noise improvement.

I see you have a 212 install guide. Nice :)

Always found that to be a very good cooler to install.

@ adamkhatab. the 212 should clear a heatsink that tall. it clears standard memory fine(and the heatsink it self has a bit more clearance then that). It is still down to case width.

212memory.jpg

adamkhatab

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
2isv8uc.jpg

i think its a 92 mm

my psu fan is 120mm and is way bigger in size.

if its quieter then that should be better - the case is not very good at keeping the noise inside of it .

Also if i got dedicated graphics then can i take IGP heatsink off?

adamkhatab

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
the power supply and the vga card nearly silent and new . It's jst the cpu that is loud esp when it revvs up to max. there is no shroud but there is little holes for ventilation in the side panels.#