Is this a correct voltage for my 2600K?

Solution

Yes, manual voltage will still fluctuate some, so give it some wiggle room. When LLC is on the voltage will go down. (that's your 1.28v. :) )

Yozer34

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011

Wait.. I don't know what you mean by + .05v and -.05v !! XD
What's the offset? Is it the Vcore?
And by (-).05v, do you mean 1.336 - 0.05v = 1.286v? So just change the CPU voltage to manual and 1.286 instead of AUTO?
Could you please be more clear and list steps? Thanks! :D (i'm a noobie, a little)

No problem! Go into the BIOS and go to the CPU settings section. Then find the Vcore and change it to "offset" mode. Offset will open a section where you pick your setting of voltage. It can go down to a low voltage when your CPU is idling, but shoot up to a point that you set it to when it need the power. There are - and + settings. Find the -.005v first and try that. I meant to say .005 earlier. Anyway that should set you to be somewhere around 1.3v when under full load with load-line calibration on.

Yozer34

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
Okay, well back to the offset thing.

I checked my settings in the bios and Vcore (CPU voltage) is at 1.288v offset mode.
Under it, there's a + sign set. Should I change this to - ? And offset voltage to 0.005 instead of Auto?

Here's the pic:
http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt344/Yozer245/photo.jpg

Anyway, Can't I just set the CPU Voltage to manual mode and maybe start off with 1.288 (manually).. instead of all this offsets?

cuecuemore

Distinguished

That would be a beyond golden chip, a halfway decent one might make it to 4.0.

Yes, just change it to -.005 and that should put you under 1.3v the further - you go. The further = you go should put you above 1.3v. That is how my 2500k works. :) I would start in the - and go from there. Your overclock is pretty minor so I think you could do it below 1.3v. Good luck! :)

HugoStiglitz

Distinguished
My 24/7 Stable Clock is 4.5ghz @ 1.275 (i dont use offset)

Most chips will be 1.25 to 1.35 vcore @ 4.5ghz

and Energy96 run Prime95 and use CPUz to check ur vcore. if ur using AUTO then its very possible that its pumping closer to 1.5 volts

Yozer34

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011

So you only changed the multiplier to 44 while leaving vcore on offset mode and -0.005? When I only change the multiplier to 43 with auto (aka offset) vcore, it says 1.288v in the bios and 1.336 in CPU-Z.
Could you please list the steps you did that got you to a stable 4.4ghz 0.005v under "stock" ? And what is that stock voltage value? Thanks!

Offset is not auto! Just because his can do that doesn't mean yours can hit it like that. Mine can 4.5Ghz and it's hard for it to go further, where his can hit 4.4Ghz easily! Yours may have a harder time hitting the clock you want, you cannot just cookbook an overclock if you know what I am saying.

Yozer34

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011

I understand.. I really want to know what MANUAL voltage to start overclocking with. I'm aiming at 4.4 - 4.5 max for that starting voltage. Could you please give me a start?

Energy96

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

I checked again just to be certain that I read it right months ago and the highest v-core went running prime under auto setting was 1.3v which is still plenty low. I could prob manually try to get it lower but 1.3v should not harm the chip at all and I have never had a blue-screen.

Hah! Mine has wen higher using auto! Much higher... Like around 1.4v.

Energy96

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

I'm sure it has a lot to do with what motherboard you have and how it's BIOS is programmed.

I also have my RAM running at 1800mhz through its XMP profile as well. All in all that's not too bad of an overclock IMO for basically doing nothing more than setting the multiplyer to 43.

Yeah, it isn't bad, just I think you could do better with offset or manual. I don't like manual/fixed because when the CPU idles it doesn't go down with it.

Energy96

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

I wouldn't mind setting it better using offset, etc but I admit I am lazy when it comes to OC'ing and really haven't had a real need to improve it. I don't know what to set and where to set it so it would probably take a lot of reading for me to get right. I'm sure if I were going to push the OC higher I would need to figure this out but the processor is already faster even at stock than even necessary from what I see from my usage.