Of these heat sinks which is the best?

bertrenolds

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
I am just wondering of these heat sinks which is the best?

Xigmatek HDT-S1283 Dark knight or balder?

Scythe Mugen 2 rev B?

Sunbeamtech Core-Contact Freezer?

I have a AM3 phenom II 955 c3 and am planning on oc'ing up to 3.8ghz maybe more and I am looking for a good and affordable heatsink and from all of the searching I have done it has come down to these 3 heatsinks. Which of these 3 heatsinks is the best for oc'ing my 955?

I noticed you have an AMD system. A cpu heatsink sometimes produces different cooling results for AMD and Intel cpu's.

The Frosty Tech web site mentioned by tecmo34 is a very good site with a lot of useful information about heatsinks that can help you make an informed decision. Here is a link to their current top rated heatsinks:

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

Scroll down the page to see the AMD list.

bertrenolds

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
I checked out the site a while ago, half of the coolers arent even sold anymore. I got the cooler master 212 and havent installed it yet but am very satisfied because I have a heat pipe with direct contact heatsink for $30 shipped off amazon plus a second fan for $10 so I should be able to get up to 3.8ghz easily.

bertrenolds

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
I signed up for the 1 month free amazon premiere to get free 2 day but I think it is 5-8 day free, not sure if it's to anywhere. Even off new egg it is a good deal, Easy upgrade to dual fan and it works well. I got 2 fans for the price of the xigma darknight and then some. damn near the same heat sink.