Of these heat sinks which is the best?

I am just wondering of these heat sinks which is the best?

Xigmatek HDT-S1283 Dark knight or balder?

Scythe Mugen 2 rev B?

Sunbeamtech Core-Contact Freezer?

I have a AM3 phenom II 955 c3 and am planning on oc'ing up to 3.8ghz maybe more and I am looking for a good and affordable heatsink and from all of the searching I have done it has come down to these 3 heatsinks. Which of these 3 heatsinks is the best for oc'ing my 955?
5 answers Last reply
More about heat sinks best
  1. I would go with the Sunbeam HSF or look at the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus. Here is a good site to review HSF's... FrostyTech
  2. I noticed you have an AMD system. A cpu heatsink sometimes produces different cooling results for AMD and Intel cpu's.

The Frosty Tech web site mentioned by tecmo34 is a very good site with a lot of useful information about heatsinks that can help you make an informed decision. Here is a link to their current top rated heatsinks:

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

Scroll down the page to see the AMD list.
  3. I checked out the site a while ago, half of the coolers arent even sold anymore. I got the cooler master 212 and havent installed it yet but am very satisfied because I have a heat pipe with direct contact heatsink for $30 shipped off amazon plus a second fan for $10 so I should be able to get up to 3.8ghz easily.
  4. That depends on your location and the vendor. I know we have international visitors from countries with very limited availability. Sometimes the opposite is true. We've had international visitors refer to components that were not available in the USA.
  5. I signed up for the 1 month free amazon premiere to get free 2 day but I think it is 5-8 day free, not sure if it's to anywhere. Even off new egg it is a good deal, Easy upgrade to dual fan and it works well. I got 2 fans for the price of the xigma darknight and then some. damn near the same heat sink.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heat Heatsinks Components