Weird problem only when recording Smallville

Last response: in Home Theatre
May 20, 2004 1:57:30 PM

I have tried recording Smallville from two different RTV units over the
last 3 weeks and each time it only records one minute and stops. There
are no programming conflicts and the machines have no problem recording
other shows. Any ideas?
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 5:01:08 PM

On Thu, 20 May 2004 09:57:30 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
wrote:

>I have tried recording Smallville from two different RTV units over the
>last 3 weeks and each time it only records one minute and stops. There
>are no programming conflicts and the machines have no problem recording
>other shows. Any ideas?

The only ones I've ever had do that, were when there was no video from
the source. You get a "no video detected" error message. You could
check the source (s-video cables come loose more easily).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://go.to/notstupid

May 20, 2004 11:47:10 PM

On one machine it recorded for a few minutes and the other did give me a
No Video message. However, both machines recorded other shows both
before and after. It's not a cable outage because it happens every week
just for Smallville. Maybe it has something to do with Kryptonite ;)

From:Mark Lloyd
mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx

> On Thu, 20 May 2004 09:57:30 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I have tried recording Smallville from two different RTV units over
>> the last 3 weeks and each time it only records one minute and stops.
>> There are no programming conflicts and the machines have no problem
>> recording other shows. Any ideas?
>>

> The only ones I've ever had do that, were when there was no video from
> the source. You get a "no video detected" error message. You could
> check the source (s-video cables come loose more easily).
>
> --
> Mark Lloyd
> http://go.to/notstupid
> http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
>
> "It is a curious thing that every creed promises a
> paradise which will be absolutely uninhabitable for
> anyone of civilized taste." -- Evelyn Waugh
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 11:47:11 PM

On Thu, 20 May 2004 19:47:10 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
wrote:

>On one machine it recorded for a few minutes and the other did give me a
>No Video message. However, both machines recorded other shows both
>before and after. It's not a cable outage

Power outage? If power came back on, you may find the rest of the show
in a different recording.

>because it happens every week
>just for Smallville. Maybe it has something to do with Kryptonite ;)

I have no trouble with that show.

>From:Mark Lloyd
>mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx
>
>> On Thu, 20 May 2004 09:57:30 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I have tried recording Smallville from two different RTV units over
>>> the last 3 weeks and each time it only records one minute and stops.
>>> There are no programming conflicts and the machines have no problem
>>> recording other shows. Any ideas?
>>>

>> The only ones I've ever had do that, were when there was no video from
>> the source. You get a "no video detected" error message. You could
>> check the source (s-video cables come loose more easily).
>>
>> --
>> Mark Lloyd
>> http://go.to/notstupid
>> http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
>>
>> "It is a curious thing that every creed promises a
>> paradise which will be absolutely uninhabitable for
>> anyone of civilized taste." -- Evelyn Waugh

--
Mark Lloyd
http://go.to/notstupid
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

May 21, 2004 12:44:00 AM

Good thought but no power failure message from units and no indication
from my home automation system which logs power outages. It's a stumper!

From:Mark Lloyd
mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx

> On Thu, 20 May 2004 19:47:10 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On one machine it recorded for a few minutes and the other did give
>> me a No Video message. However, both machines recorded other shows
>> both before and after. It's not a cable outage
>
> Power outage? If power came back on, you may find the rest of the show
> in a different recording.
>
>> because it happens every week
>> just for Smallville. Maybe it has something to do with Kryptonite ;)
>>

> I have no trouble with that show.
>
>> From:Mark Lloyd
>> mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx

>>> The only ones I've ever had do that, were when there was no video
>>> from the source. You get a "no video detected" error message. You
>>> could check the source (s-video cables come loose more easily).
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mark Lloyd
>>> http://go.to/notstupid
>>> http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
>>>
>>> "It is a curious thing that every creed promises a
>>> paradise which will be absolutely uninhabitable for
>>> anyone of civilized taste." -- Evelyn Waugh
>>

> --
> Mark Lloyd
> http://go.to/notstupid
> http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
>
> "It is a curious thing that every creed promises a
> paradise which will be absolutely uninhabitable for
> anyone of civilized taste." -- Evelyn Waugh
May 21, 2004 1:37:40 AM

"BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in news:kM8rc.70$AN1.17
@twister.socal.rr.com:

> Good thought but no power failure message from units and no indication
> from my home automation system which logs power outages. It's a stumper!

It is obviously the krptonite causing your RTV to record only black <vbg>
!