Voltage Increase for i5-3570k

hoppingpulse

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
Trying to OC my i5-3570k. I have it up to 4.3ghz but I can't get the core voltage to go any higher than 1.192. I have it set at 1.2 in the bios however cpuz shows that it won't get that high. When running prime95 the voltage even lowers to 1.184 and will jump back and forth now and then but never over 1.192. I want to achieve a higher voltage so I can try and get to 4.5ghz. Is there any setting I could change other than the core voltage to get it higher? There are three settings in my bios I have not changed that I was wandering if they would make a difference, CPU PLL Voltage, CPU I/O Voltage, and CPU Core OCP Expander (it says it expands the cpu limitations but the cpu is less protected). Thanks.

gmkos

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011

You're suffering from Vdroop and the BIOS feature you're looking for to adjust it is called LLC (Load Line Calibration). Make sure its the LLC for your CPU Vcore.

This chart shows you the effect of different LLC settings on an ASUS board (The settings might look different if you're using another motherboard brand):
Llctable.png

In this example, if you wanted the vcore under load to mirror what you set in the BIOS, you would set LLC to "Ultra High".

Good luck and happy overclocking.