Asus Rampage II or EVGA X58 SLI

dooodo

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
Hey guys, as the title states I am heartbroken between the two motherboards:

EVGA X58 SLI 132-BL-E758-A1 or Asus Rampage II. I am able to get a deal on either of these boards at the same price. The EVGA board is brand new and the Asus Rampage II has been used for a few weeks.

MY question is aside from EVGA's lifetime warranty and great customer support is there really a difference between the two boards? I've always owned Asus boards and have only needed to RMA one once. Quality wise, overclocking wise, any suggestions?

I will be running this with an i7 920 D0, 6gb OCZ 1333mhz ram, Radeon 4870 (will upgrade this soon), Corsair H50, Corsair HX520, OCZ Vertex 60gb and Antec 900 case.

Plan on using the computer for school and mild gaming as well as look forward to overclocking.

Your direct answer as well as quick explanation will be GREATLY appreciated. Please don't suggest another motherboard, it's definately between these 2 for future upgrade possibilities.

Thanks in advance!

I'm happy with my EVGA X58 SLI LE board, the X58 chipset gets ridiculously hot although with the E758 regular SLI version the NB is actively cooled, unlike the SLI LE. The Rampage II Extreme (I'm supposing not Gene) has more overclocker features, which are more designed for the extreme overclocker. Otherwise, the ASUS P6X58D-E or P6X58D Premium would be two good choices, as they both support SATA III and USB 3.0 whereas the EVGA X58 SLI & Rampage II Extreme do not.