Static noise on speakers

Xtrastor

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Hi guys, I'm having a problem with my sound, I'm hearing a static noise since yesterday, and I don't know what happened. I'm using the onboard audio from my Asus P6X58D-Premium, and before yesterday, everything was working great.
I also have the Logitech Z530 speakers.

Do you guys know what could be the problem?, it's a really horrible sound.

Thanks

Solution
hmmm, it could be the cables... or even the power cable... keep playing with the speakers, if the static is very small... and is inaudible during loudplayback, i dont think it is nessecary to sort it out.... yet.

Xtrastor

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
I tested the onboard sound with my headphones, and I could not hear anything, I think the problem is with the speakers itself.
I have connected my Logitech Z530 and also the audio-in from my Monitor-TV Samsung T260HD to hear the central speaker better.

The first 2 days with this set up, there was no static at all, after that, I had really bad static, and now the static noise has decresed, you can barely hear it but it is still there... Any ideas?

Thanks

MEgamer

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
hmmm, it could be the cables... or even the power cable... keep playing with the speakers, if the static is very small... and is inaudible during loudplayback, i dont think it is nessecary to sort it out.... yet.

Solution

Xtrastor

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Mmm I dont think its not my cellphone, I have in my other desk on the other side of the bedroom so...

Maybe is the speakers power cable, it is very near my UPS, I don't know if that can make a difference, would it?

Thanks