Review: "X58 in 2010"; May 4, 2010

oleahy

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
The 4 boards reviewed (http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/x58-usb-3.0-sata-6-gbps,2614.html)
seem quite similar in components, features, and layout. Can I assume that the build quality, materials, design, and architecture of the underlying PCB and the support from all of these vendors are also pretty much the same? Thanks for any experience/info regarding this.

ASRock X58 Extreme3
Asus P6X58D-E
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
Gigabyte X58A-UD7

Solution
Gigabyte and ASUS are the two top motherboard manufacturer's. ASRock is part of ASUS's family so their support should be equally as good. You'll be fine with any of these motherboards, which I would lean to the ASUS and Gigabyte UD3R out of all current X58 motherboards.

tecmo34

Administrator
Gigabyte and ASUS are the two top motherboard manufacturer's. ASRock is part of ASUS's family so their support should be equally as good. You'll be fine with any of these motherboards, which I would lean to the ASUS and Gigabyte UD3R out of all current X58 motherboards.

Solution

oleahy

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010

Thanks, I'm catching up on things. I used Asus exlusively for mbo's to build hundreds of PC's in the IT installation that I managed but it was ten years ago and I wasn't sure if any of the other mbo vendors were of the same quality. I have compared the UD3R to UD7 and Asus Rampage III and it seems like the best choice from a price/performance view as long as the build quality is somewhat equivalent. I don't see that the more expensive boards buy you that much more.