Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Why do i need a better graphics card to burn movies?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 3, 2009 10:04:23 PM

Why do i need a better graphics card to burn movies?
a c 202 U Graphics card
December 3, 2009 10:06:23 PM

No, burning stuff onto DVDs is not affected by the GPU at all.
m
l
December 3, 2009 10:14:20 PM

Then what is the main hardware that works when burning dvds?
m
l
Related resources
a c 1410 U Graphics card
December 3, 2009 10:23:17 PM

tannerpanda said:
Then what is the main hardware that works when burning dvds?

DVD drive/burner, CPU, Ram. It is only transfer/copying of data between two optical discs
m
l
a c 202 U Graphics card
December 3, 2009 10:30:41 PM

Generally its the hard drive, optical drive, CPU, and ram that work as most people burn files from their hard drive instead of just copying dvds.
m
l
December 3, 2009 10:32:40 PM

Well i got all that new a couple months ago so i must need a different software.Any clue on what the best dvd burning software out there is?
m
l

Best solution

a c 202 U Graphics card
December 3, 2009 10:38:35 PM

What issue is it giving you? A poor optical drive can cause lots of problems, i swapped my old lite-on drive for a new plextor drive a couple of months ago and that fixed quite a few issues. If you are having trouble with corrupt discs try burning at the slowest possible speed, yes it will take far longer but it will also come out with far fewer errors.
December 3, 2009 10:43:01 PM

I thought it said my graphics card was not good enough but i must have read it wrong.i would try again but i got pissed and deleted the software i had.My computer is still a bit of a working progress though.but im gonna try to set the speed slower and maybe that will do it.thanks it gave me some ideas of what to do
m
l
!