Sign in with
Your question

Problem with Noctua NF-F12 PWM fan

Last response: in Overclocking
May 15, 2012 8:04:17 AM

Hey guys. I'm having a problem with my NF-F12 Fan(attached with megahalem as CPU fan). I want it to go full 1500 RPM for all the time as I overclock, but once windows booted up, the RPM goes down. I'm using crosshair V formula for m/b, but when i try to set the fan to full load through mobo's software, it only goes as high as 800 RPM.

Anybody using the same combination of crosshair V formula and NF-F12 Fan as CPU Cooler? I really need urgent answer..I have an overclocking showdown tomorrow and I'm literally shitting my pants right now. HELP!!!
a b K Overclocking
a c 188 à CPUs
May 15, 2012 9:41:45 AM

tetra88 said:
Hey guys. I'm having a problem with my NF-F12 Fan(attached with megahalem as CPU fan). I want it to go full 1500 RPM for all the time as I overclock, but once windows booted up, the RPM goes down. I'm using crosshair V formula for m/b, but when i try to set the fan to full load through mobo's software, it only goes as high as 800 RPM.

Anybody using the same combination of crosshair V formula and NF-F12 Fan as CPU Cooler? I really need urgent answer..I have an overclocking showdown tomorrow and I'm literally shitting my pants right now. HELP!!!

it a bios setting look on page 3-30 for fan settings for the cpu under advance menu in the bios.
m
l
May 15, 2012 9:44:42 AM

3-30 right? Can you tell me in detail what to do?
m
l
a b K Overclocking
a c 105 à CPUs
May 16, 2012 12:41:09 PM

in your BIOS there is a setting for your CPU fan's minimum setting (usually level 1-10). the higher the level, the higher the minimum RPM. or you just bypass the mobo's 4-pin PMW connector and hook the fan up to any of the mobo's 3-pin connectors or to the PSU's molex connector.
m
l
!