Where can i get sapphire radeon 5850?

miha2

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
that's the question, actually... i'm planning to get it, but it' not available.. i've been to newegg.com. it's on the site, but not in the warehouses. i've been to fry's. there's only diamond, but i want sapphire (i'm not talking about stones right now... he-he...) i've been to best buy - visiontek. i've been to circuit city (so to tigerdirect and compusa, since it's one company). i've been to the local store - nothing! please tell me more stores where i can get it... i sent a request to newegg, but who knows when it comes there.. maybe to that time i'll be able to play on another sapphire's 5850... :eek:

TheMarius

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
NewEgg and TigerDirect/CompUSA have limited supplies in stock, if you're lucky/quick enough to find one. From what I've seen, TigerDirect only sells the Sapphire Radeon HD 5850, and they're currently charging $319.99.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5260768&CatId=3669

If you have the option to buy it, the card is in stock and will be shipped within one business day. Otherwise, you simply have to refresh the page until the option to buy appears again. It's basically a game of luck and timing.

I received mine within two days of purchase, though I did have to make hourly checks on the site to see when another shipment arrived.

TheMarius

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
The shipping is free on the TigerDirect order, which makes the total cost of $319.99 cheaper than the $309.99 + S/H NewEgg charges. But again, it's personal preference. Some people like NewEgg, some like TigerDirect.

I prefer Tiger, as the longest I've waited for an item to be delivered was two days after placing the order.

TRENDING THREADS