Sign in with
Your question

Sound Issue with Tyan K8WE and Win 7

Last response: in Motherboards
June 12, 2010 5:50:09 PM

Hello,

I have a custom built system with Tyan K8WE Thunder (Tyan S2895A2NRF K8WE Dual Opteron) .

I am not hearing all the sounds from the built-in sound card in Win 7 x64. It worked just fine on Win XP x64 and I never had issues.

I've tried to upgrade the drivers, but the issue still persists. At this point I am about to buy a new sound card to address this problem, but I thought I'd throw this question out here first for help.

Tyan website shows that I have the following sound hardware:
Integrated Audio
• Enhanced AC'97 2.3 compliant audio link
• Analog Devices 1981B codec
• 16-bit stereo full-duplex
• CD-in/Aux-in connectors

Can somebody help me out in getting this to work.
Appreciate any help.

Thanks
ZeeKay
June 12, 2010 11:40:17 PM

Nevermind. The problem is solved with a driver I found: Realtek_AC97_MB.zip

I can now hear all the sounds.
m
l
March 25, 2012 6:11:14 PM

I too have a home-build computer system with:

Tyan Thunder K8WE s2895 Mobo
Dual AMD Opteron 248 processors
8MB Kingston ECC/Reg RAM
nVidia Quadra FX 3450 GPU
no sound card (relying on on-board audio)
Logitech X-230 2.1 Speakers

I downloaded the latest Realtek AC'97 6305 audio driver (for Vista/W7) and installed, but to no effect. I still get a red x over the audio icon on the task bar - it states, "No Audio Output Device is installed." I also tried your older version Realtek AC'97 MB driver, but it too doesn't work.

Am I required to set up some preferences or do something in the Device Manager in order to get this to work? I never had any of these problems with the audio when I was running XP 32-bit OS. After I installed W8 Consumer Preview 64-bit from a bootable ISO DVD, finding drivers suddenly became a problem. As you may know, the K8WE has the ability to accommodate 32-bit or 64-bit architecture.

Lastly, is there a generic on-board audio driver for W8 64-bit I might be able to use instead of Realtek?

m
l
!