500 GB Seagate external hard drive problem

mrhercules

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
Hi everyone

I have an external 500gb Hard drive, i took it to my office to transfer movies onto it which i downloaded. After transferring 10 to 15 movies. Hard drive got stuck on the next one . i took out the usb connector and plugged it in again.
the same thing happened.so i took the cable out again and restarted the system. After restart when i tried to copy the movies onto it, it says "cannot save I:\transformers.avi, the data has been lost. this may be caused due to a hardware failure".

Guys please help me out!

mrhercules

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011

files are not deleted, i have them in my office desktop, i just cannot copy them onto my external hard drive. there is one more thing i would like to add that i have two systems, one has win XP and the other has win 7. after the occurance of the problem when i connected the hard drive to the one which has win7 everything went smoothly and i was able to copy the movies i had downloaded in that system. the trouble arises with my win XP system where it would simply not copy the files and display the message i have mentioned above