Sign in with
Your question
Solved

WHY DOES MY VLC PLAYER have lines going through the screan?

Last response: in Windows XP
June 9, 2012 8:21:56 PM

I had vlc on my last computer and it worked great I have windows xp now and i downloaded vlc player and there are virtical lines going through my screan please help me fix this
June 10, 2012 12:33:24 AM

leadawn said:
I had vlc on my last computer and it worked great I have windows xp now and i downloaded vlc player and there are virtical lines going through my screan please help me fix this

Uninstall / Re-install VLC.
m
l

Best solution

June 10, 2012 3:19:22 AM

Don't use the new VLC Player... it's crap. Download version 1.1.11 from HERE.

Un-install whatever version you now have in your computer before installing 1.1.11.

After it is installed, click Tools>Preferences>Video (use the "simple" view), and click the Video button. The top box (display) has the output you desire, as a choice. There are 12 different modes of output you can choose. Try them all and keep what you like.

Related resources
June 10, 2012 4:04:15 AM

tigsounds said:
Don't use the new VLC Player... it's crap. Download version 1.1.11 from HERE.

Un-install whatever version you now have in your computer before installing 1.1.11.

After it is installed, click Tools>Preferences>Video (use the "simple" view), and click the Video button. The top box (display) has the output you desire, as a choice. There are 12 different modes of output you can choose. Try them all and keep what you like.

Thank you, you are awesome problem solved :love: 
m
l
June 10, 2012 4:17:44 AM

Glad you like it. VLC Inc. really messed up their player with version 2 and haven't fixed it right since.

m
l
June 20, 2012 2:53:32 AM

Best answer selected by leadawn.
m
l
!