AMD phenom X6 1100t black edition overclocked to 4.21Ghz

What!!!, that can't be right. Are you some Wizard or somthing. No way that Phenom X6 can overclock better than my X4 and be cooler at idle than my stock clock and voltages....

Nobody can answer that question. First of all idle temps are irrellevent, secondly without knowing the ambient room temp, nobody knows if those are good or not.

goodguy713

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
the amd safe max temp is 62 c if you go past that your running in the gray zone.. im guessing you have a pretty good liquid cooling setup .. i have a 1090t my self .. and 4.2 ghz is hard to maintain your probobly using too much voltage .. also while it sounds great... i have killed a 1090t doing stuff just like that..

Yup I have a 1090T at 4.0 and had to put volts above 1.5 to get stable 4.2 so backed down.. Also what temp program are you useing some of them have incorrect temps and need offsets up to 10 degrees C so you might be running up into the 60's and you dont know it..

Thent

G

Did you melt it? I've got mine stable at 4.0 with !.438....v with load line cal enabled, it draws between 1.46v idle and 1.523v under full load. In the summer idles at 30 and under load 59 max (on really hot days). I'm using a corsair h 100 with 4 stock fans in push pull. To go any higher i think it would go beyond 1.55v which is the limit for this chip. Any high and damage is likely.