Please help meeee!!!!!!!!!

sanjay123

Honorable
May 14, 2012
hello friend ,,,,

i am using intel core 2 quad q8300 processor ,,,

intel dg43nb motherboard

2 gb of ram

now i when i use my pc ,, i feel some lagging some times then i thought that it maybe due to some silly problems or bcoz of the c drive is full and no space is left there ,,, and i saw my neighbours pc and he is using core 2 duo.
its working fine ,, i am confused that my processor is costly than his and mine have 4 cores and his have 2 ....
so i heard about overclocking and most of peoples quad core processors are 3.50ghz of speed,,,,

actually , what is an overclocking??? will you kindly teach me how to do it???? i know that you are wasting your time to type but please teach how to do and upgrade my pc to 3.50 ghz..........

thanks for reading my thread..........

arthurh

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2002

You say that your H/D is full. You need at least 15% free space just to defrag it, so I would suggest you remove enough games, programs etc. to at least have the ability to defrag your H/D. That will help to speed up your PC some.

Your Intel M/BD is not a good OCer. There were some modified BIOS out there that claimed to let you be able to OC but it is highly recommended to just not do that at all IMO. The real solution would be to just buy another M/BD, but if you start doing that with that old of a platform you would probably be better served to just build a new PC.

Assuming you do not have the budget for a new build you might be able to buy a q9xxx series CPU that has a higher native clock speed for better performance. Here is a support list of CPUs for that M/BD. LINK

Your hardrive is full.........

A computer with 4 cores is not going to be faster than one with 2 cores if the 2 core computer has faster clock speed.

A computer with 4 cores has no advantage ove ra computer with 2 cores unless your using programs that use more than 2 cores. A fast dual core with beat a slower quad core in the majority of tasks.

sanjay123

Honorable
May 14, 2012
also i think processors with 4 cores are much more better than that with 2 cores ,,,,, because my computer dealer told me that its more faster..... and also its more expensive that dual core/core 2 duo ,,i...................

MacPCiOSAndroidGuy

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
a quad-core CPU only handles programs written for 4cores better than a dual core or if you do heavy multitasking with many programs. your dealer pretty much jipped you because unless you do gaming, CAD work, video editing, or anything thats very demanding you dont need a quad-core.

A secondary hard drive and more RAM would be your best bet to speed things up. Keep main programs (itunes web-browsers word powerpoint excel) on your current drive and any games or anything else on the new one then defrag your current drive.

You are going to have a hard time over-clocking your CPU because it is a factory build. I wouldn't attempt over-clocking it at all unless you want to ruin your computer.

KUR0KO

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012

Overclocking is overworking your CPU, making it go down in flames faster. And your CPU is old, not unlocked, hard to overclock :D

Thomas_89

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
As you could have read in arthurh's post, overclocking is unwise in your situation so don't bother with that.
Also, never believe what your retailer tells you without thinking for yourself. As mentioned before, quad core is not necessarily better than dual core so don't freak out if your neighbors pc is faster with a dual core.
Just make sure you make some space in your hard drive and defrag. I recommend you format and reinstal your OS, it will do wonders I assure you.
Upgrading to 4GB of RAM is the only worthwhile upgrade to your system imo.

/off topic: please try to use normal English, the way you type is kind of annoying.

womble

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
As the others have said, I'd try to clear the hard drive a bit first. With 2GB there is a reasonable chance that the system is paging out to the hard drive quite often, and if there is only a tiny bit of space left and that is scattered over the drive surface...well a faster cpu won't speed things up much. An extra couple of GB would be nice if it is cheap enough.