Sign in with
Your question

AMD Black Edition Memory Profile Question

Last response: in Memory
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 13, 2010 6:54:28 AM

I have some Patriot Gamer DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 memory (2x2GB) and it says in the product description that the memory supports AMD Black Edition Memory Profiles. I'm not sure what this is, but I know that in my current AMD build I have a regular 1055T so I am reasonably sure I can't take advantage of these featurs anyhow.

But my quesiton is if I wanted to pop these bad boys out and put them in my Intel i5 750 build would I encouter any unusual errors? I don't have my i5 overclocked any more (I figured Turbo was good enough for now) and I don't run any crazy voltages (although these gamer RAM sticks take 1.785 to be stable in my AMD build) I just want to put faster RAM in what is arguably a better machine. Currently in my i5 setup I have 4x1 GB sticks of Patriot DDR3 1333 at 9-9-9-24. If I recall correctly its the ELK kit. Not sure off the top of my head.

Anyhow just wondering if the gamer memory would be compatible with my i5 setup and not run into some funky issues. I believe it would be safe to run since I am not even using a black edition processor in the AMD setup and and the ram runs fine (I guess what I am saying is the RAM acts like regular RAM when not coupled with a Black Edition CPU) and I would assume the same would carry over to my Intel build. As long as your not using Xtreme Memory Profiling or I guess what AMD calls Black Edition Profiles you would basically be running fine. And frankly I've never used either of those technologies to start with.

Any thoughts or insights to this?
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 14, 2010 5:28:18 AM

So no one has any theorys?
m
l
!