JGodoy91

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
("Specs are down below"). If you guys would take the time to help me with what i need it's greatly appreciated. I'm already running a Zalman HSF and at idle its running 21C-24C, once it hits around 70F+ in my area it goes to about 27C-30C, 50-65% load temps are in between 40C-49C never surpassing 50C. 1st Question: Will using Water Cooling improve my temps from what it already is? This leads into my next couple questions, Is my PSU enough to sustain Water Cooling or will i need 850 watts+? Also, To in fact improve my tems from what they already are, how much am i looking at USD? (" i would love to stick around 500USD possibly 550USD"). Thanks, hope to hear your opinions and advice!

Mobo: Sabertooth Z77
CPU:Intel i-2500k
GPU:EVGA GTX 680
PSU:X- Seasonic 750 Watts
Ram:G-skill 2x4GB
Case:HAF 932, Full ATX
SSD:Intel 256 GB 520 Series
Fans/Heatsinks: Currently running Case fans all 240mm, Heatsink: Zalman CNPS 9900max. Used Artic Silver.

Solution
1st Question: Will using Water Cooling improve my temps from what it already is?

Not likely, no, unless ambient temps in your room drop substantially. You cannot cool with air or watercooling lower than room temperature.

This leads into my next couple questions, Is my PSU enough to sustain Water Cooling or will i need 850 watts+?

Your water pump will only draw between 20-30 watts on average, so if your current PSU is fine and you aren't against the power ceiling already.

To cool lower than what you are currently seeing, you'll need to consider a different form of cooling. However, if you are looking to overclock you'll need to consider a better cooling solution if you start to push towards 4.5ghz and above, so you...

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
1st Question: Will using Water Cooling improve my temps from what it already is?

Not likely, no, unless ambient temps in your room drop substantially. You cannot cool with air or watercooling lower than room temperature.

This leads into my next couple questions, Is my PSU enough to sustain Water Cooling or will i need 850 watts+?

Your water pump will only draw between 20-30 watts on average, so if your current PSU is fine and you aren't against the power ceiling already.

To cool lower than what you are currently seeing, you'll need to consider a different form of cooling. However, if you are looking to overclock you'll need to consider a better cooling solution if you start to push towards 4.5ghz and above, so you might possibly consider something at that point.

Please take some time and read through the watercooling sticky linked in my signature below...it might also help answer some of your questions.

Solution