Need Help Overclocking, bad processor.

DarkBowser

Honorable
May 5, 2012
I have a 1.83 GHz CPU in my netbook, it's running Ubuntu 12.04LTS and it's an Intel Atom N470 @1834.000MHz 512KB L2 cache running at 3657.45 bogomips per second. I was wondering if there was any way to overclock it to 2.0 GHz? All answers would be helpful. :(

For a netbook? I don't think so. There are "secret codes" for a few OEM desktop mobo's (good luck getting them), but for a netbook that would be a very bad idea to OC with, I'd highly doubt there is such a thing.

LOL :lol: If I had the info, I'd tell you, but I'm 99.99% sure there's no such thing for a netbook. With the cooling constraints, it's not a smart idea to OC on a netbook anyway, so even if it DID exist, I very much doubt that anyone would tell you, to protect yourself from yourself. There's a reason that OEM's lock down the BIOS. It's so people can't go around doing things and screw things up and need to call for a warranty claim.

nna2

Distinguished
no, gigabyte locks their bios, and thats quite an old pc as it is, so you probably wont see much benefit from overclocking as it is

^to add to that your atom cpu is probably stronger than the P4 cpu would be overclocked

It (a "code") might exist for that, but you would have to call Gateway (that's the only way, unless someone from Gateway is here on the forums and has intimate knowledge of that one specific model). They would obviously be VERY hesitant to tell you, though.

Either way, I agree with nna2, there's no point in OC'ing that thing anyway. Crap is crap.

nna2

Distinguished
gigabyte made the motherboard (well... put there name on it atleast)... they choose wether you can overclock it or not, and they will overall choose no so that people dont go in there and screw up there machines

Not true, SetFSB allows for overclocking for many laptops out there and K10Stat allows for easy overclocking of amd laptops that have unlocked multipliers.

DarkBowser

Honorable
May 5, 2012

Is there SetFSB for Linux?