xxDoc_Hollidayxx

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010
I recently purchased the M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 with KHX1800C9D3T1K3/6GX 6GB ram which is in the QVL, am i to install memory in A1A2B1 mobo slots? Am i to expect problems running in a dual channel and single channel fashion? What would be the timings for this and will it work? Noob, u guessed it.

Solution
U can install the 6GB without problems and the 2GB in single channel will not affect the performance of ur rig but also give u any performance increase.

Now, if u can return it and get a 4GB kit with better CL 7 or 8 I think that is a better option IMO.
Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

U can go here look for ur mobo and download the manual of it. After that in the page 2-10 (28 of 128) u can find the information about RAM installation and configuration.

I don't know why u buy 6GB RAM if AMD don't support tri-channel configuration, but u can install the RAM in the following configuration:

1- One stick in the A1 and B1 slots, with that u have 4GB installed in dual channel.
2- The other one, can be installed in A2 or B2 and this only can run in single channel configuration.

xxDoc_Hollidayxx

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010
Yeah I had already checked the mobo manual and the qvl, that's why i had bought that specific memory, Are you guys sayin I should only install 4GBof it? If if runs in 4GB of dual channel mode and 1 GB in single channel is that bad and hurtin timings or what? Or5 should i try and return the 6 gb. I didn't buy 8 cuz I didn't have the cash.

U can install the 6GB without problems and the 2GB in single channel will not affect the performance of ur rig but also give u any performance increase.

Now, if u can return it and get a 4GB kit with better CL 7 or 8 I think that is a better option IMO.

Solution