Sign in with
Your question

Samsung 830 vs. Crucial M4

Last response: in Storage
November 3, 2011 10:39:58 PM

Ok, I am confused on which to buy, or even whether it will matter in real world scenarios.

I was just on Anandtech and they had a graph that showed the two together
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4863/the-samsung-ssd-830-...

based on this which one sounds better for a 128gb SSD on SATA III?

by the way I have Intel controlled 6GBp/s ports so no problem there...

More about : samsung 830 crucial

a b Ô Samsung
a c 257 G Storage
November 4, 2011 12:28:12 AM

The Samsung 830 is brand new. Therefore it does not yet have a well established track record like the Samsung 470. It is expected the 830 will do just as well as the 470. Right now it is a wait and see situation.

The Crucial m4 has been around for a while. It is a popular ssd with gamers and enthusiasts.

In the meantime Intel will release their brand new 520 series tomorrow. I expect to see several technical reviews published tomorrow. Again it is a wait and see situation.
November 4, 2011 1:59:40 PM

Yeah, I've been on here a lot about it just checking, my biggest problem though is the compressible vs incompressible data which I asked about in the link. Specifically I'm not sure if the performance is enough to wait, not reliability. Sounds good that the 520 is coming out maybe it will be less of a take it or leave it situation in reads and writes from what I am seeing with the 830 vs M4.
Related resources
November 5, 2011 8:46:34 PM

Hey johnny did you see the 520 anywhere? I started looking for it but I didn't find anything but old news...

:( 
a b Ô Samsung
a c 257 G Storage
November 5, 2011 9:04:39 PM

Yesterday morning I was all set. Had templates ready for links to add to the ssd database. Nothing happened. I checked the Intel web site, sites that do reviews, online retailers, and I googled every which way. Everything came up blank. No information anywhere. Yesterday evening I made a few inquiries. Replies came back stating a Non Disclosure Agreement was still in effect. No further explanations.

The only thing that is certain is Intel did not release the 520. The reason why is unknown. :( 
a b G Storage
November 5, 2011 11:26:21 PM

Samsung sure looks good. I'd like to try one. M4 is my current favourite. However, I am a big intel fanboy and would love to see a 320 with some jam (maybe the 520?)

Your's is an excellent question. Will monitor this thread and add any revelations I have on the topic.
November 6, 2011 5:09:26 PM

adampower said:
Samsung sure looks good. I'd like to try one. M4 is my current favourite. However, I am a big intel fanboy and would love to see a 320 with some jam (maybe the 520?)

Your's is an excellent question. Will monitor this thread and add any revelations I have on the topic.

Cool maybe I will finally get an answer! :D 
!