Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Computer slow after video card upgrade

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 4, 2009 6:21:15 PM

I installed a NVidia GeForce 6200 video card into my computer. I noticed it was running much slower afterwords. I looked at the device manager and it says that the RAID controller driver isn't operational. It has no driver and I have no idea where to look to find it. I don't even know what it looks like to find the manufacturer name and model number. Under the system information it's only showing 354 MB of RAM but the video card alone is 256MB and the RAM I already had installed is 512. Can someone please help?
December 4, 2009 6:37:46 PM

maybe it your psu. i remember that when i used my old ddr for overclock with crappy psu some chip on my ram shutted down and only showed me 384 mb instead of 768 mb. and it makes sense for your low performance.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 4, 2009 7:03:54 PM

go to Nvidia.com and you will be able to download the drivers there. Also, what card did you use before that, was it a different card or was it on-board graphix?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 4, 2009 7:56:51 PM

You MAY have actually downgraded depending on your on-board/previous graphics. A Intel GMA 3000 and higher is better than the 6200. Also, you don't seem to have disabled on board graphics either.
m
0
l
December 11, 2009 11:26:48 AM

shayan08 said:
maybe it your psu. i remember that when i used my old ddr for overclock with crappy psu some chip on my ram shutted down and only showed me 384 mb instead of 768 mb. and it makes sense for your low performance.


How did you fix that?
m
0
l
December 11, 2009 11:28:44 AM

jonpaul37 said:
go to Nvidia.com and you will be able to download the drivers there. Also, what card did you use before that, was it a different card or was it on-board graphix?



The one I had before was onboard. I already shut that off. I downloaded the new drivers and it didn't do anything but change the interface for selecting my options.
m
0
l
December 11, 2009 11:31:21 AM

Shadow703793 said:
You MAY have actually downgraded depending on your on-board/previous graphics. A Intel GMA 3000 and higher is better than the 6200. Also, you don't seem to have disabled on board graphics either.



It was an onboard graphics card that I was using before. It is still installed but has been turned off. I am sure it wasn't a downgrade because I checked that before I bought it. I did notice something else though and maybe you could offer some advice. The RAID controller in the Device Manager has a yellow "?" next to it. I tried to find the driver for it but have had no luck. Do you think that is the problem? If so, do you know where I can find the download for it?
m
0
l
!