Computer slow after video card upgrade

franchesca

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
I installed a NVidia GeForce 6200 video card into my computer. I noticed it was running much slower afterwords. I looked at the device manager and it says that the RAID controller driver isn't operational. It has no driver and I have no idea where to look to find it. I don't even know what it looks like to find the manufacturer name and model number. Under the system information it's only showing 354 MB of RAM but the video card alone is 256MB and the RAM I already had installed is 512. Can someone please help?

shayan08

Distinguished
May 7, 2008
maybe it your psu. i remember that when i used my old ddr for overclock with crappy psu some chip on my ram shutted down and only showed me 384 mb instead of 768 mb. and it makes sense for your low performance.

franchesca

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009

How did you fix that?

franchesca

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009

The one I had before was onboard. I already shut that off. I downloaded the new drivers and it didn't do anything but change the interface for selecting my options.

franchesca

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009

It was an onboard graphics card that I was using before. It is still installed but has been turned off. I am sure it wasn't a downgrade because I checked that before I bought it. I did notice something else though and maybe you could offer some advice. The RAID controller in the Device Manager has a yellow "?" next to it. I tried to find the driver for it but have had no luck. Do you think that is the problem? If so, do you know where I can find the download for it?