gxavier38

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
I need to know how many rads I'll need. Here's what I'll put:
2x EVGA Classified Hydro copper GTX 680s
Intel Core i7 3770K, oc to around 4GHz
4 sticks of Water-cooled RAM

The case I will be using is the Zalman Z11, which I think has space for 3, 1x 240 and 1x 120
Is this enough or do I need another case?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Why are you watercooling RAM? There is no need.

Also need to know a bit more about your loop components. Have you read the watercooling sticky? There is a section that discusses how to estimate the amount of radiator surface area you'll need.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Reading through merged threads is like reading a newspaper through a kaleidoscope- it's a horrible jumbled mess of barely legible patterns.

I think the merge process combines them like shuffling a deck of cards; each post gets intertwined in actual date/time sequence and not any kind of relevance in the rest of the posts.

I appear to be full of colorful analogies and metaphors today. Perhaps going to see that afternoon baseball game stimulated my brain more than I am aware.

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
so that's 3 120mm x 240 mm rads, and 1 120 mm x 120 mm rad, for a total of 4 rads on this build correct. if your not o clocking the rig you should be fine, if you are o clocking maybe consider a rad box added to the system later, for when that time comes when you need to o clock jest add more rads.

DirkAction

Honorable
May 12, 2012

That's obscene... where do you fit them all and what are you cooling? My old Q6600 OC'd to 3.6 maxed at 75C on a single 120 with one fan pushing and a crappy thermal paste job. Can't imagine it would've taken much more to cool it properly.

two EX360's and an RX240 here, and the worst part?
I run stock clocks day to day :p
Overkill isn't a bad thing, especially in watercooling and some of us here tend to edge towards it more readily than most, you should see some of the projects that get built/discussed here,
External radiatorboxes with hidden tubing
buried reservoirs with lines running to the house,
subambient set ups
I'm currently helping one guy who wants to build the rig into a 7x7x38inch space on a glass desk
and Toolmakers experimental rads just look sweet hehe :)
Moto

gxavier38

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012

Seems legit...

How do you mean 'seems legit'?
not following there hehe, i must be too old for the latest slang lol

This is the desk guys thread,
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareuk.inc&cat=11&post=275730&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0

and heres mine,
IMAG0564.jpg

The EX360's are in the box underneath the main rig, RX is obviously on top behind the T-Virus resses,
and theres two 6950 2Gb DCIIH20's (DCII's modded to take waterblocks) in there as well :p
Moto