Windows XP new User Interface??

wonder44

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
Hello toms community.

I have recently been looking for custom themes for windows XP. I came across a thread somewhere where someone mentioned XP having a totaly new Interface.

Where there is no taskbar or start menu, Instead, having a little dock in the middle of the screen which when clicked on has a animation while maximizing to full screen as a start menu. My question is, is there a such thing?? Has anybody fully redesigned the windows XP interface before?? Or Vista or 7's unterface. Replacing the taskbar and startmenu with something, a little more interesting. Im not talking about hiding the taskbar and running rocketdock, but removing the taskbar totally and having something better. So is there anything like this at all. Because i have looked around and cannot find something like this anywhere. I have heard of something where you can buy something from microsoft for about $10.000 which allows you to fully redesign windows from ground up. Has anyne done this? Please help because the plane old taskbar is getting a bit boring and it does not look like Microsoft will be replacing this untill atleast windows 9 or 10 comes about.

Thanks for your help guys and girls.

There are a lot of software options like rocketdock to change the appearance of windows xp. take a look at this article:
How to Pimp Your Windows XP Desktop to Look Like a Cool Mac Desktop

wonder44

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010

Is it possible to run windows games in linux? What about linux mint?