Incredibly slow 4K Write (less than 1MB/s)

sacamano

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Hello.

Lately my system has deteriorated and right now it is close to being useless for gaming. At first I thought the two cards I have in SLI were the problem, but I decided to check the harddrives I am using since I was also experiencing a lot of mini-freezes in Photoshop. I decided to run AS SSD Benchmark, and I actually had to abort before it was finished because of the time it took to run the 4K tests, and the worst part is that I have two of these SSD drives and both are just as slow. I used to run these two in RAID-0, but I am currently using them (AHCI).

Here are the results:

As you can see, I am getting 0.45 MB/s in 4K Write.. What can be the cause of this? I have formatted the system so there's no process in the background that is causing the trouble.

My system specs:

Intel i7 930 @ 2.80GHz
ASUS Rampage III Extreme
2x GeForce 560Ti (SLI)
750W PSU
2x Corsair Performance Series (CMFSSD-64GBG2D)

Any help is greatly appreciated

sacamano

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011

Oh, I didn't know that about RAID-0, however I am not longer running them in RAID-0. I have never updated the firmware so I guess it is running stock. The only thing I've found regarding firmware is this thread; http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83708. I guess I can try to update and see if that fixes the problem.