Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Price check please

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
December 2, 2009 9:45:25 PM

CPU: C2D E6600 w/ tuniq tower 120
Motherboard: P5B Deluxe
Graphics Card: 8800 GTS
Memory: G.SKILL HZ 2GB DDR2800
Hard Drive: WD Raptor 150GB
Power Supply: OCZ GameXStream 600w
Case: Antec 900
Sound Card: SB Audigy

More about : price check

a c 83 B Homebuilt system
December 2, 2009 10:19:05 PM

Price for what? Are you buying or selling it? Its probably worth around $200 to $250. That was a pretty good computer 3 years ago.
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 2, 2009 10:42:36 PM

If you're thinking of selling that, the parts are worth more (to you) than you'll ever get for them in cash.

You could seriously just drop a Q9550 in there and have a pretty decent machine. Maybe add more RAM and a 4870 or 57xx video card while you're at it, and you'll have a gaming machine that will last at least another couple years. The fact that your motherboard supports quad core is good news for you.
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 83 B Homebuilt system
December 2, 2009 11:08:25 PM

capt_taco said:
If you're thinking of selling that, the parts are worth more (to you) than you'll ever get for them in cash.

You could seriously just drop a Q9550 in there and have a pretty decent machine. Maybe add more RAM and a 4870 or 57xx video card while you're at it, and you'll have a gaming machine that will last at least another couple years. The fact that your motherboard supports quad core is good news for you.



Yeah but the P965 chipset was designed with Q6600 in mind as the quad. It MAY support Q9xxx series with updated BIOS but if its an early revision P965 you are limited to the 65nm chips.
m
0
l
December 2, 2009 11:21:28 PM

anort3 said:
Price for what? Are you buying or selling it? Its probably worth around $200 to $250. That was a pretty good computer 3 years ago.


I am selling, I built it about 3 years ago :) 
m
0
l
December 2, 2009 11:24:01 PM

capt_taco said:
If you're thinking of selling that, the parts are worth more (to you) than you'll ever get for them in cash.

You could seriously just drop a Q9550 in there and have a pretty decent machine. Maybe add more RAM and a 4870 or 57xx video card while you're at it, and you'll have a gaming machine that will last at least another couple years. The fact that your motherboard supports quad core is good news for you.


Interesting idea, I was all ready to build a new machine with an i7...
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 3, 2009 3:59:20 PM

anort3 said:
Yeah but the P965 chipset was designed with Q6600 in mind as the quad. It MAY support Q9xxx series with updated BIOS but if its an early revision P965 you are limited to the 65nm chips.


Well, according to the specs on ASUS' site, that particular board is supposed to accommodate 45nm chips, and lists the Q9550 on its CPU support list: http://asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=bswT66IBSb2rEWNa

Although you're right -- it's certainly worth double- and triple-checking that kind of thing, because it's pretty lucky for a board that old to support modern-day hardware. You definitely made me go back and look at it again. :) 

There may be something I missed, but it sounds to me like when they put together this particular board, they meant to market it as "compatible with any CPU that comes out in the next two years" or something to that effect, and it might have actually turned out that way.
m
0
l
!