Sign in with
Your question

Virus

Last response: in Windows XP
June 11, 2012 11:28:18 AM

Hello,
When I attach my Pendrive on second pc the data folder showing shortcut type. Again when go to my own computer Pendrive showing totaly blank. What is the problem. How can solve?

More about : virus

June 11, 2012 12:43:23 PM

rabi_11 said:
Hello,
When I attach my Pendrive on second pc the data folder showing shortcut type. Again when go to my own computer Pendrive showing totaly blank. What is the problem. How can solve?

Check your folder options in control panel. You may not be showing hidden files on your computer, but it does on the other computer.
m
l
June 11, 2012 1:41:48 PM

Ahh, the shortcut virus, really easy to remove.

The folder option might not work, as the virus could have been infected the machine, thus disabling you to see infected files.
And as it was in my case, that hidden files could'nt be unhided using properties (Hidden option was greyed out), so we have to use command prompt.

Firstly, install a good antivirus (i prefer kaspersky, as it is what i have), and scan and remove the infections in the pendrive and your machine.
Then open cmd (Start>Run>cmd), and type:
"cd x:\" (where x is the drive letter for your pendrive). OR firstly "cd\" or "cd/", then type "x:\". (without quotes).

"attrib *.* -s -h /s /d" (without quotes).

Now, you will be able to see all your data.
m
l
!