Your question

Disk Read Error Has Occured

Tags:
  • Disk Read Error
  • SATA
  • Components
Last response: in Components
February 13, 2010 1:57:06 PM

This is the most persistant error i have had on my pc and i feel as tho i have thrown Every possible solution to solving it 9/10 when i load my pc up i get the message

A Disk Read Error Has Occurred please Press ctrl alt & Del to Restart

My PC

ASUS P5NT DELUXE SOCKET 775
Intel Quad Core
Maxtor 250 GB SATA II
6 GB RAM
Windows 7 x64

daft this when i press the power button on my pc to restart my pc it doesnt show up on the Restart i have Tried the Following

* Replaced the SATA Cables
* Put the SATA cables in a Different SATA PORT
*I have Tried a new Hard Drive
*Updating my BIOS
*Replaceing the CMOS BATTERY
*I have Ran Numerous Disk Checking tools they all report s fully fit Hard Drive
*i have Ran Memmory Testing Software All ok
*i have tried the FDIS/MBR
*i have Quizzed Asus About this to no Avail
*i have Asked Nvdidia no luck
*i have also tried Updating the Marvell Drivers for the SATA no good

i feel i have tried every solution on the web about this issue any other suggestions would be Helpful

More about : disk read error occured

February 14, 2010 6:35:15 PM

What ,so its my CD drives ? ok How do i stop it from giving me a disk Read Error message what do i need to change in my bios or take out ?
February 15, 2010 3:35:41 PM

How is it my Drive ?
Related resources
February 16, 2010 8:10:41 AM

but my CD Drives dont read anything when windows loads
February 16, 2010 8:12:04 AM

what would be my best CD Drive to go for then to ensure this doesn't happen with my next drive ?
February 16, 2010 9:53:32 AM

Disk as in Hard Disk.
Your old Maxtor 250GB is on the way out.
Backup any important data now and look into a new SATA Hard Drive...
February 16, 2010 12:54:14 PM

OLD ive had the drive just under 6 months
February 16, 2010 12:55:38 PM

i spoke to a Maxtor/seagate Pro on the chat service and ran the tests on Max tools and they ran ok reported no problems when i am in windows its runs swwweet as a nut no lockups no BSODS
February 16, 2010 1:00:43 PM

and i had a seagate barracuda 500gb sata 2 prior to this like my present drive when i am in windows it runs fine
February 18, 2010 3:24:00 PM

i have tried it with one DVD RW drive and one with DVD-ROM drive and niether and it still gives me a disk read error has occured message
February 18, 2010 3:56:01 PM

A failing DVD/CD drive will not affect your system from starting up UNLESS you're booting from that drive. Windows will not force you to reboot on a drive error from a DVD/CD drive either.

The only way a DVD/CD drive will affect your system is if it causes your SATA controller to freak out and affect your HD.
February 20, 2010 9:31:57 AM

i could find my self buying like 3 or 4 different hard drivves and it still give me a disk read error
February 20, 2010 1:03:19 PM

the specific Model of my Maxtor Hard Drive is STM325031
April 12, 2010 10:10:09 PM

i have fished out an IDE 160GB drive that was previously used as a storage drive moved off the stuff off there, going to Re Write the 0 back to factory settings temporarily take out my SATA drive and Install a Windows xp or 2000 on it (as i have had no problems with disk read errors in the past my past 3 IDE drives in the past)and see if running on IDE the error pops up
April 18, 2010 4:15:21 PM

Well i am running Windows 7 x64 on my IDE 160GB so far so good no problems to report, only slight thing Drive takes a few extra seconds its IDE so its to be expected i guess being a slower read speed. my plan for now is to run windows on that and on my SATA drive that i had windows on before (which i have noticed runs ok as a slave drive)install my games and software) see how she runs bit of an unorthodox method but if it works...
April 25, 2010 10:01:29 AM

The SATA Controller Card diddnt work the IDE drive Crapped out on me so i have had to to the one thing i diddnt want to do but have had to do as the last resort Change the Motherboard from the P5NT-DELUXE to the P5N-D and guess what.. 3 restarts and NO DISK READ ERROR HAS OCCURED MESSAGE so safe to say there was or is some sort of Defect with the SATA ports if in some time in the future it can be resolved on the P5NT-DELUXE board then i have a future small sub system
May 9, 2010 7:22:29 PM

Still going strong no errors
October 3, 2011 2:05:23 AM

Please use proper grammar, and at least attempt punctuation when posting. It is ridiculous how you have tried to communicate your issues. Your making everyone trying to help you decode your crap pile of a post before they can figure out what the issue is.
October 6, 2011 12:03:45 AM

DUMBFOUNDED said:
Please use proper grammar, and at least attempt punctuation when posting. It is ridiculous how you have tried to communicate your issues. Your making everyone trying to help you decode your crap pile of a post before they can figure out what the issue is.

And when correcting someone about grammar, please use proper grammar yourself. "Your" should be "You're". Also, you may want to add "everyone that is trying to help you". Simple subject-verb agreement you know. It is an internet forum, not an English class. Seriously!
!