Bios silent boot

Hello,
I turned on my computer this morning and when the screen came on a bios screen from american megatrends appeared with all this information. It never did this before. How can I get rid of this and just go directly to the log in screen. Also when I reboot it happens and i have to push F1 to continue and then I have to choose from which hardware I'd like to boot from, i.e. dvd player, etc. I just want to get my computer working. Can anyone give me any advise. Thanks
Melvin
6 answers Last reply
More about bios silent boot
  1. Moore_3030 said:
    Hello,
    I turned on my computer this morning and when the screen came on a bios screen from american megatrends appeared with all this information. It never did this before. How can I get rid of this and just go directly to the log in screen. Also when I reboot it happens and i have to push F1 to continue and then I have to choose from which hardware I'd like to boot from, i.e. dvd player, etc. I just want to get my computer working. Can anyone give me any advise. Thanks
    Melvin

    Did you download install anything yesterday; any hardware changes ?
    Is american megatrends in the startup folder ?
  2. ksiemb said:
    Did you download install anything yesterday; any hardware changes ?
    Is american megatrends in the startup folder ?


    no
  3. No downloads or hardware changes yesterday. How do I check the startup folder?
  4. Moore_3030 said:
    No downloads or hardware changes yesterday. How do I check the startup folder?

    Start > Run > msconfig

    Click Startup Tab and scroll thru entries.
  5. My system only displays a page that says: American Megatrends www.ami.com

    Press DEL to run setup
    Press F11 if you want to boot from the network
    Press F12 for BBS POPUP

    The bottom the screen says: Primary Master Hard Disk Error
    Strike F1 to retry boot. F2 for setup utility

    Where do I go from here? Has my computer crashed?
  6. Moore_3030 said:
    My system only displays a page that says: American Megatrends www.ami.com

    Press DEL to run setup
    Press F11 if you want to boot from the network
    Press F12 for BBS POPUP

    The bottom the screen says: Primary Master Hard Disk Error
    Strike F1 to retry boot. F2 for setup utility

    Where do I go from here? Has my computer crashed?

    ____
    I have same problem. If you ever get response, please post it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers BIOS Computers Windows XP