Issue with SATA ports 3-6 on a Foxconn H67MP

mickeyt76

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Hi everyone,

I'm having problems with SATA ports 3-6 on my Foxconn H67MP motherboard - whenever I attach a device to them Windows will really struggle to boot up and will often freeze, despite the device appearing in the BIOS fine. The drive I'm using is a
Seagate 2TB 6Gb/s 5900RPM 64MB Cache, Barracuda Green, but I'm also having the same problem with a Western Digital 1.5TB 32MB 7200 Caviar Green. These drives work fine when connected to ports 1 or 2 and I've also tried the drives with different cables.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be? Could it be worth setting the jumper so that the drive operates at SATA 1 speed? Thanks for reading and I hope someone out there can tell me what's going on!

Cheers,

Mike.

brookheather

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2008

I am having exactly the same problem with my H67MP-V motherboard - did you ever resolve the issue?

brookheather

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2008
Thanks - I tried the above but it made no difference - I think the SATA2 controller is faulty - the BIOS only finds the SATA2 devices intermittently. I'm using a PCIe RAID card for the moment to get an extra SATA2 port.

brookheather

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2008
I guess I assumed this was a B3 revision board but perhaps not and this is the result of the chipset bug - I'd assumed it would take years of heavy use for a board to exhibit this failure which isn't the case here...