Hyper 212 plus vs evo

Solution
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, which is an update to the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus (aka the Hyper 212+)..Cooler Master’s Hyper 212 line has been very popular because it provides competitive cooling at a very competitive price...The intent of this Cooler Master lineup is to provide good performance at a high value.... I have tried the Hyper 212 EVO on my Ivy Bridge based Core i7-3770K and have found it to be more than adequate. With the 22nm process, Ivy Bridge runs very cool and soon we are expecting very low power consumption Intel Xeon E3 chips also based off of the 22nm process.
Besides added support for socket 2011, from Maximum PC's review of the EVO:

"In short, the Evo is identical to its predecessor in every aspect but one: Where the 212 Plus’s heat pipes meet the cooler’s contact plate, small gaps reduce the surface area that is in direct contact with the CPU’s own heat spreader. The bottoms of the Evo’s heat pipes are so flat that these gaps are entirely eliminated."

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/%5Bprimary-term%5D/cooler_master_hyper_212_evo_review

muhammadbinmehroze

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, which is an update to the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus (aka the Hyper 212+)..Cooler Master’s Hyper 212 line has been very popular because it provides competitive cooling at a very competitive price...The intent of this Cooler Master lineup is to provide good performance at a high value.... I have tried the Hyper 212 EVO on my Ivy Bridge based Core i7-3770K and have found it to be more than adequate. With the 22nm process, Ivy Bridge runs very cool and soon we are expecting very low power consumption Intel Xeon E3 chips also based off of the 22nm process.

Solution