Drive Failure need advice

petedes

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
When I have all 3 of my hard drives attached I get a 1 hard drive that is "disconnected or failed" as shown by my RAID utility. I switched the cables around and realized that the "failed" drive message would move to other drives when I plugged them in. For example you have drive A, B and C I narrowed it down the drive A being the drive shown to be failing. So I unplugged drive C and now drive A is miraculously working if I plug drive C back in. Hey Hey one drive has failed. Any ideas what's causing the failure? Should I test my PSU? :cry:

Frizzo

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
corsair has good rma service. i've seen some problems with some of their psu's at the 850 level, the tx's and the hx's. i read in their forums one guy was ready to explode on them. they told him his hx750 (or may have been 850hx) was not "compatible" with this high end mainstream system he just built. really weird.

petedes

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
ahh not good, but yeah they cleared it for RMA literally almost immediately I now hope it was the PSU that was the problem otherwise more time wasted problem solving instead of gaming -_- Thanks for posting!